Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Last years draft just keeps on getting worse for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    I'll just say one more thing - no one ever mentions that Cody was actually fairly solid in 2011. Not a world beater, but certainly not bad either. Worthy of being a starter, at least.
    That was before he dropped quite a bit of weight thinking it would improve his game (It didn't)

Cody's problem is that he has sloppy technique and lacks the raw strength to compenste for that.
    Coming out of college, Cody only benched 225 lbs a paltry (for a DT) 22 times.
    For comparison, recent UDFA WR signee Omarius Hines can bench 225 lbs 18 times.
    And Omarius is only 215 lbs himself.
    And yet he still almost benched as much as Cody.

Re: Last years draft just keeps on getting worse for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    That was before he dropped quite a bit of weight thinking it would improve his game (It didn't)
    I cringe whenever I hear about a Ravens player having a major weight change. It always seems to lead to horrible news.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    I'll just say one more thing - no one ever mentions that Cody was actually fairly solid in 2011. Not a world beater, but certainly not bad either. Worthy of being a starter, at least.
    If they didn't think that Cody was bad in 2011 they wouldn't have felt the need to sign Kemo the next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If they didn't think that Cody was bad in 2011 they wouldn't have felt the need to sign Kemo the next year.
    We still needed depth. Kemo wasnt a sure thing by any means. I think he initially was a camp body until he, by default, became the best option.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kemo was signed to replace Brandon McKinney who signed with the Colts as a FA. He was signed for depth and it wasn't even guaranteed to make the team. He wasn't signed with the thought that he'd challenge Cody. As it turned out, he was better than expected and Cody was worse!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap