Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Kiper praises Ravens draft

Said they filled vital needs with first two picks which isn't easy to do at #32.

Arthur Brown could be streal of 2d round and the guy from Harvard was the best
    FB in the draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...nfl-team-draft

Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

Kiper's a Baltimore boy, btw. Bet he's loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Said they filled vital needs with first two picks which isn't easy to do at #32.

Arthur Brown could be streal of 2d round and the guy from Harvard was the best
    FB in the draft.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...nfl-team-draft
    I mean we got two of the best prospects of the draft in the positions we needed. I think Kyle will add a lot of versatility to our offense. Can you imagine a formation with Ray, Bernard, Pitta, Kyle and Torrey Smith.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Others are saying the same thing like this one calling Ozzie's aggressive move up to
    get Brown very impressive and then he gets a lot of value here including WR
    Aaron Mellette whom a lot of people here are laughing at.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/04/28/2013-nf...top-the-class/

In fact, Ozzie stole Brown from Bengals which is why he used those extra late picks
    to trade up. They needed a fast ILB who could rush and cover and play special teams
    too.

Brown could be the steal of 2d round.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-29-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Blog Entries

I think the Defense, even if they do lose Suggs next year, is set. They've got young guys everywhere. Haloti Ngata, Suggs, and Huff, IIRC, are going to be the only guys over 30 and I think they pretty much just turned 30.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Kiper is one of the best in the business. That guy watches tons of tapes and really does his homework. Mayock is also one of the best and they both say Bmore had a great draft. Before the Ravens selected Mellette Gil Brandt was talking him up saying he was comparable if not better than Quick who was selected in the 2nd round last year.

I can understand Mellette struggling at the Senior Bowl. The 2nd hardest position in which to transition to a higher level is WR. QB being the first. He may end up being a steal because he struggled at the Senior Bowl. Won't help much this season but late round picks rarely do.

Like most I was disappointed with Wagner pick but after reading some analysis I have softened my view. I did not realize that he was held in much higher regard the previous year and that his play regressed. Maybe the Ravens saw something in his Junior tape that they really liked and viewed him as a high value pick. I did go back and do a little research. Apparently he had a knee injury last year and that may have hampered him. He was a basketball player and fairly athletic coming in. Lets hope a year removed from the knee injury he shows some recovered athleticism and quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Exactly!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries
    Heard him on Mike and Mike this morning. He said Ravens Bengals had the two best drafts. Just an opinion but good to hear

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Others are saying the same thing like this one calling Ozzie's aggressive move up to
    get Brown very impressive and then he gets a lot of value here including WR
    Aaron Mellette whom a lot of people here are laughing at.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/04/28/2013-nf...top-the-class/

In fact, Ozzie stole Brown from Bengals which is why he used those extra late picks
    to trade up. They needed a fast ILB who could rush and cover and play special teams
    too.

Brown could be the steal of 2d round.
    He stole him from Houston, Houston was going to take him no doubt in my mind

Houston and probably Denver wanted Brown. In Oz we trust. ;-)
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the Defense, even if they do lose Suggs next year, is set. They've got young guys everywhere. Haloti Ngata, Suggs, and Huff, IIRC, are going to be the only guys over 30 and I think they pretty much just turned 30.
    Ngata doesn't turn 30 till the playoffs

I think we had a very good draft overall as my immediate expectations of rate-of-return always stop before round 5.
    Still, post-draft grades simply equal mouse-click revenue for media outlets. They aren't worth a damn thing to the franchises or the players.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver