I would like to say that I hope Sean Spence makes a full recovery and one day puts the black and yellow on and dukes it out with the Ravens, despite how I feel about that team, but it seems unlikely now. Last year the Steelers spent a third round pick on a very promising LB out of Miami who could have been a very good complimentary player to Lawrence Timmons in the middle, but that is unlikely to happen now according to this article. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...fore-it-begins

Seems like a very serious injury, much more serious than I originally thought, I remember reading about it last year and didn't read the details enough and just thought it was a one year IR type thing and expected him to be back this year. Its always terrible to see this kind of thing happen to these guys, and Sean Spence was somebody I liked in the draft last year, and kind of hoped the Ravens would take a look at him.

This could be the third player from that class already declared a huge bust. The big nose tackle that they took in the 4th round last year is on the PS already, I believe he was supposed to be Casey Hamptons replacement, but he will likely never see the field after his random GTA style rampage. Chris Rainy is going to jail IIRC, and was cut last season. David Decastro spent most of last season on IR, and didn't look good by the time he got back, while Mike Adams was very hot and cold at RT. I think Decastro could still go on and become a very good guard in the NFL, but I still think he was highly overrated.

Let this be an example of how you can never really instantly judge a draft just because it looked good on paper, and that the team managed to get a bunch of guys the media were in love with. I remember after the draft, the media hyped the Steelers class up as if they just drafted a bunch of future HOFers ready to re ignite the steel curtain, but that looks unlikely now. I actually think this past draft that they've had will turn out to be much better.