Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Three years from now who will be your favorite Raven from this draft class?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Seeing stuff like this makes me even more hopeful about Brandon Williams...

Torrey's tweet he was replying to was just saying Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. So Brandon is just THAT hungry to get into the facility and get to work.
    That appears to be the theme with a lot of our draft picks in wanting to be great. Simon signing his contract and asking is it ok if I go lift now. Brandon asking about the facilities on mother's day (on top of being a port-o-potty cleaner in the past). You can definitely see that the Ravens pick a certain type of player apart from the football skills. Just plain hard workers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Haven't heard much from any other pick, but Elam makes me beam. The smiles he got from us drafting him, he's an exciting kid...Brown excites me too, as well as Simon and Juszczyk
    Agreed. I think I am really going to like Elam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    That appears to be the theme with a lot of our draft picks in wanting to be great. Simon signing his contract and asking is it ok if I go lift now. Brandon asking about the facilities on mother's day (on top of being a port-o-potty cleaner in the past). You can definitely see that the Ravens pick a certain type of player apart from the football skills. Just plain hard workers in general.
    :word. Reminds me of when the Orioles used to preach the "Oriole Way". It's a certain mindset adopted by everyone in the organization. Only the Ravens are going upstream and building a foundation with the players they draft. You already know going in certain players will never wind up in a Ravens uniform.

I honestly have no damn clue. Too many choices in this draft. I'm leaning towards Brandon Williams, and probably Juszczyk. But coming into the draft Arthur Brown was by far my favorite player. That's not even considering our first round pick Elam, or Furstenberg and Simon who could both be big contributors by then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I honestly have no damn clue. Too many choices in this draft. I'm leaning towards Brandon Williams, and probably Juszczyk. But coming into the draft Arthur Brown was by far my favorite player. That's not even considering our first round pick Elam, or Furstenberg and Simon who could both be big contributors by then.
    I think it's going to be Simon for me. I agree with the sentiment that a lot of these guys could be very good to great contributors and we all hope that pans out. With regards to simon though, I like the comparisons to Jarrett Johnson and he was one of my favorites all time. Guys like JJ and Buddy Lee always get my attention. They don't have to be flashy players just guys who go to work. I love his work ethic and motor. If Simon turns into a player like that, he will be a guy that will be well liked and depended on by the rest of the team.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I'm all about the guys in trenches and the guys that do the dirty work and little things. So I'm picking and hoping it will be Williams. Given his D2 status I'm sure there will be quite a learning curve but given his intelligence and seemingly good work ethic (along with effective coaching) I expect he'll be a solid factor in this D going forward. By '15 and maybe by mid '14 I'll be looking for him to make a big leap. And it's not as important in the grand scheme of things but this is a guy who's really easy to pull for. He wants to be great and you want to see him be great.

This is such a tough question that I'm going to say Elam, Brown, Simon and Williams in no particular order.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PT709 View Post
    This is such a tough question that I'm going to say Elam, Brown, Simon and Williams in no particular order.
    Excellent...along those lines, I'm going to say Elam, Brown, Williams, 'Juice', Simon, Wagner, Lewis-Moore, Jensen, Mellette, and Anthony...in that order. Thanks Ozzie, apparently he agrees with me... Bc