Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Not to be contrary, Shas, but while Tyson made a contribution, he wasn't the first 7 to stick:

Ralph Staten
    Mike Smith
    Anthony Allen
    Anthony Poindexter

all played some for the Ravens, with Staten playing a fair number of snaps at safety.
    Ralph Staten was a really good player.

We used to use him as a nickel linebacker and he just flew around the field.

Too bad he was a pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: Three years from now who will be your favorite Raven from this draft class?

Arthur Brown and Brandon Williams were my two favorite players in the entire draft, as evidenced by the "Three players you hope Baltimore ends up with..." thread, so it's tough for me to choose one of them...but I think I'm going to say Williams, because I tend to favor the largely unheralded (but critically important) positions like NT, FB, C.

Obviously there is a significant escalation in the level of competition between D-II and the NFL...but I've watched every scrap of game footage that is available for Missouri Southern on the team site, YouTube, Vimeo, etc, and despite the fact that I don't expect Williams to add quite as much to the pass rush in the Pros as he did in College, I honestly feel as though he is going to develop into one of the most dominant Nose Guards in the league.

Having a player like Ngata to act as a mentor, and aid in Williams developing the finer aspects of being a technician on the D-Line in addition to taking advantage of his raw brute strength is going to make for a potent combination.

Three years from now, I feel like the media is going to be talking about what a dynamic playmaker Arthur Brown is (and deservedly so), but those of us who follow the team closely are going to know that a portion of the credit has to go to the guys up front who are keeping him clean...and Williams is going to be a huge part of that.

I'm going to say Brandon Williams. Everything I've seen about the guy just says he is true
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Blog Entries

Probably John Simon.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Given my history with how much I love our draft picks when they're taken?

I'm betting I love Lewis-Moore. I hate the pick, so he'll likely wind up being a probowler.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Too hard to say. But hope that it will be similar to deciding who my favorite Raven out of Ray, Ed, and Haloti is.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

If we had drafted Ray Holley, I would have said Ray Holley :respect
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Why was this thread moved to the draft room?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Probably John Simon.
    +1. Love this guys fire on the field. Really an easy guy to root for.

Watching Brandon William's practices and game at the Senior Bowl. Definitely had an impressive week. If you watch the game, you noticed he gets doubled teamed A LOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJeUILylZQ
    Last edited by Iscull; 04-30-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Why was this thread moved to the draft room?
    Was an accident.

It's been moved back.

Arthur Brown.

I don't follow the college game as many of you do, so basically go by what I've read recently. We had a big need for an athletic ILB with range and by all accounts Brown fits that description. Also seems to have good leadership qualities. There will never be another Ray Lewis but I'm hoping Brown can become a star ILB in his own right.