Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Three years from now who will be your favorite Raven from this draft class?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Juice!
    I can hear it now.

"JUUUUIICCCCCCEEEEEEE!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Such a good top end of the draft it's to tough to call. If I had to pick it will be down to the two 4th rounders Juice and Simon. I think both will grow on people fast.
    Is it just me or is everyone really freaking exciting for training camp? I really want to see all of these guys in some live practices/games.

Blog Entries

I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that the darkhorse some of us will begin pulling for is Matt Furstenburg. (Like we did for Josh Bynes, then Bobby Rainey)

6'3" and 243, 40-yard dash at 4.62, vertical 35.5". He also had top TE shuttles.
    Local talent (LaQuan factor) Has a decent chance for ST and Bajema's spot

Don't know about favorite (could be any of 4 or 5), just suggesting favorite darkhorse.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Haven't heard much from any other pick, but Elam makes me beam. The smiles he got from us drafting him, he's an exciting kid...Brown excites me too, as well as Simon and Juszczyk
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I think Brown is going to be a good consistent player for years to come but I think Elam is going to be a play maker and premier player at S. I dont think ill be disappointed with either.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Aaron Mellette
    Man, that would be really great! ( unless of course the only reason we like him best is because the other ones don't pan out! )

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think Brown is going to be a good consistent player for years to come but I think Elam is going to be a play maker and premier player at S. I dont think ill be disappointed with either.
    Totally agree JAB!

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that the darkhorse some of us will begin pulling for is Matt Furstenburg. (Like we did for Josh Bynes, then Bobby Rainey)

6'3" and 243, 40-yard dash at 4.62, vertical 35.5". He also had top TE shuttles.

Don't know about favorite (could be any of 4 or 5), just suggesting favorite darkhorse.
    I hope that works out as well. I really think if they would have had decent QB play at U of MD, he would have been picked in the mid rounds ( 5ish )

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that Arthur Brown is going to be thought of in 2013 the way KO was thought of in 2012. With that said for me personally it's going to be the Fullback. I am a huge fan of having a real H-Back on the team. To me it's the greatest gift that Joe Gibbs gave to the NFL. Guys in that position just naturally make plays. That's why they are so tough to find and rarely used. Harvard Kyle looks like he's the real deal. I can't wait to see what Caldwell come up with for him in this offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

Could Matt Furstenburg be an H-back like the guy the Ravens drafted out of Harvard? Furstenburg seems to be built more like an H-back rather than a traditional NFL TE.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I have a feeling that Arthur Brown is going to be thought of in 2013 the way KO was thought of in 2012. With that said for me personally it's going to be the Fullback. I am a huge fan of having a real H-Back on the team. To me it's the greatest gift that Joe Gibbs gave to the NFL. Guys in that position just naturally make plays. That's why they are so tough to find and rarely used. Harvard Kyle looks like he's the real deal. I can't wait to see what Caldwell come up with for him in this offense.
    He certainly could be used as a traditional H-Back. Anyone ever read the history of how Gibbs invented the position to slow down Lawrence Taylor? The H-Back was really the seldom used halfback (not the tailback) in his offense. He moved the half back to the line of scrimmage and used motion to create problems.

Recall also that Caldwell has connections the the Tom Moore/Peyton Manning offenses. The Colts ran a two tight end set (they called it their Ace scheme) with one of the tight ends playing the Y, that is, the slot, position. When you look at Juice in college he seems to be playing this role mostly.

If he can be anywhere close to the player Dallas Clark (1st round, Iowa & Mackay winner) or Chris Cooley (3rd rounder Utah State), we're in business.

Blog Entries

If you just look at the division it's loaded with pass rushers. The Steelers can always rush the passer. Both the Browns and Bengals added pass rushers in free agency and the early part of the draft. A H-Back who can block in space would be tremendous. It really allows you to do so many things offensively that are critical if you are trying to get the ball deep down the field.