View Poll Results: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bryant McKinnie

    17 34.00%
  • Michael Oher

    5 10.00%
  • Kelechi Osemele

    19 38.00%
  • Ramone Harewood

    0 0%
  • Ricky Wagner

    0 0%
  • Brandon Albert

    0 0%
  • Someone Else

    9 18.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Blvd of Broken Dreams
    Posts
    2,226

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?



    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    McKinnie, you're an assclown and logic would assume you would mature with age, but you seems intent on searching for the bottom. You're a huge man with a ridiculous god given talent to maul mortal men. You're not a sex machine or an entertainer and your star is only bright from football. Do what you have a talent for and forget the stuff that will drag you to the bottom. The end of your road is near, make the most of what many of us envy.

    Now that I got that out of the way, I think that on our current roster KO is the guy possessing the biggest upside and the desire to be the best he can be. Like many other posters, I would love to see him at LG again, but finding a LT with a desire to win more than filling their pockets is a challenge. Go with the guy that wants to play and F the giant divas.
    Good post, BUT KO wants to play at G, no? It SEEMS I've read he has stated clearly that he is not best suited for T and prefers G?




  2. #17

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Good post, BUT KO wants to play at G, no? It SEEMS I've read he has stated clearly that he is not best suited for T and prefers G?
    you are correct. He may be our best option to play LT, but he feels he is a G in this league. Much like Oher winning the position by default for so many years, he may not have that choice if a better option isnt added.
    -JAB




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,030
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Good post, BUT KO wants to play at G, no? It SEEMS I've read he has stated clearly that he is not best suited for T and prefers G?
    Left Tackles get paid on average almost triple what a Guard does and double what a RT does. Any player who has a chance to play LT is going to take it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,849
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Not that I disagree just curious as to why you think so?
    Personally I think KO was AWESOME at LG last year and want him to stay there.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Because as you said, he's a beast inside, and can be as good as (if not better than) Yanda. I don't think you should mess with that, especially not with a first time starter at C who is a little undersized and is going to need the support. Who is going to play at LG if he is LT? You can't just plug a random guy in there, we saw that last year. You are massively weakening two positions by doing this.

    I love Osemele and believe he's going to be an All Pro AT OG! He should stay there. Maybe he will prove me wrong if/when he plays at LT, but I'm extremely skeptical of that right now given what we saw of him at RT last year.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    I agree with many about how well KO played at guard and I want him to stay there...
    But, if McKinney leaves, and KO is the best option at LT, then that is how it should work out.
    We got a new Oline coach correct?
    So, maybe that will be the difference of getting these guys in the best positions to succeed.
    Give them some time to figure out what they have first.
    Maybe KO matures alot following his first year and that makes all the difference.
    Maybe one of these drafted OLinemen steps up and fills a spot in the starting lineup, say at LG.
    Then, KO takes LT and Oher at RT and a big rookie at LG.
    It is about putting the best 5 out there.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,172
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    It blows my mind that people still think McKinnie is coming back. Is it not obvious that Harbaugh is now putting his stamp on this team? He hates McKinnie. McKinnie never would have played a down last season if Reid didn't get hurt.
    Ever hear the old nautical saying "any port in a storm". Personally, I'd like to see KO @ LT, and predicted it after he was drafted. However, the FO may see McKinnie as a stop-gap for one more season, until something better comes along... Bc




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ever hear the old nautical saying "any port in a storm". Personally, I'd like to see KO @ LT, and predicted it after he was drafted. However, the FO may see McKinnie as a stop-gap for one more season, until something better comes along... Bc
    Yes, and it would certainly benefit everyone involved to have McKinnie start at LT at the beginning of the season because it would give the rookies time to learn and adjust.
    Also it gives the team another look at our other linemen under contract to see if they are progressing to work their way in. Some of these guys were brought in knowing they were projects.
    It takes off some of the pressure of moving guys into other positions or before they are simply ready.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,834
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    I'm not a huge McKinnie fan, but only because I think he's a lazy piece who couldn't care less about winning.

    That said, I do think he is a better LT than Oher and I am all for any scenario that keeps Oher at RT and keeps Osemele at LG. Osemele was really solid as a RT last year, which leads me to believe that he may be able to handle the LT position. However, when he moved to LG he was lights out. I think KO could be Carl Nicks good at LG.

    Who knows? Maybe Ricky Wagner shocks the world and goes from afterthought OT prospect to starting LT?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,172
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ... Who knows? Maybe Ricky Wagner shocks the world and goes from afterthought OT prospect to starting LT?
    OR perhaps KO moves out to LT, and Wagner is our LG ? ... Bc




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,834
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    OR perhaps KO moves out to LT, and Wagner is our LG ? ... Bc
    Also a possibility.


    Maybe Jack Cornell is really the legit player that the Ravens coaching staff seem to think he is?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    you are correct. He may be our best option to play LT, but he feels he is a G in this league. Much like Oher winning the position by default for so many years, he may not have that choice if a better option isnt added.
    He knows he isn't a LT in this league.

    We'll see how long this experiment lasts.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,505

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    I don't understand how they insist on putting KO at LT after he himself said he's not a tackle. He has all-pro potential at guard, but they want to move him anyway. I hope this is just a smokescreen.




  13. #28

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't understand how they insist on putting KO at LT after he himself said he's not a tackle. He has all-pro potential at guard, but they want to move him anyway. I hope this is just a smokescreen.
    I am not sure it is a smokescreen, but I also am not sure anyone should be optimistic about the results of KO at LT. Sure he is a big young guy with long arms, but he didn't really fare any better than Oher (maybe worse) at RT in his rookie season.

    I voted Oher, despite the fact that the team appears to be looking for something better. If not Oher, then I would guess McKinnie assuming he gets/stays in shape (otherwise maybe a repeat of last year where McKinnie rides bench until crunchtime).

    I definitely agree with wicked that surrounding Gino with a great guard on either side is very appealing, so hopefully KO stays at LG or we find someone better than last year's Jah Reid/Bobby Williams rotation at the spot if KO plays tackle.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,505

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I am not sure it is a smokescreen, but I also am not sure anyone should be optimistic about the results of KO at LT. Sure he is a big young guy with long arms, but he didn't really fare any better than Oher (maybe worse) at RT in his rookie season.

    I voted Oher, despite the fact that the team appears to be looking for something better. If not Oher, then I would guess McKinnie assuming he gets/stays in shape (otherwise maybe a repeat of last year where McKinnie rides bench until crunchtime).

    I definitely agree with wicked that surrounding Gino with a great guard on either side is very appealing, so hopefully KO stays at LG or we find someone better than last year's Jah Reid/Bobby Williams rotation at the spot if KO plays tackle.
    It would seem the simpler solution to have KO and Yanda at guard, Oher at RT and to be determined at LT. That would leave one (maybe two) potential weak spots on the line (LT and C), versus 3 (LT, LG, C).




  15. #30

    Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He knows he isn't a LT in this league.

    We'll see how long this experiment lasts.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I dont like that hes lacking confidence in his ability. I think he can, whether thats true or not is closely linked with his feeling that he can. Hopefully if we got with him, coaches instill some confidence in him at Camp.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland