View Poll Results: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bryant McKinnie

17 34.00%
  • Michael Oher

5 10.00%
  • Kelechi Osemele

19 38.00%
  • Ramone Harewood

0 0%
  • Ricky Wagner

0 0%
  • Brandon Albert

0 0%
  • Someone Else

9 18.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Who will be the Ravens' starting LT week one?

It blows my mind that people still think McKinnie is coming back. Is it not obvious that Harbaugh is now putting his stamp on this team? He hates McKinnie. McKinnie never would have played a down last season if Reid didn't get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    SD just got rid of Jared Gaither for being unmotivated and Miami got rid of Jake Long for a bad attitude in the locker room.

It wouldnt surprise me if SD and Miami are scared away from McKinnie.

If McKinnie doesn't get a contract from SD or Miami, he's coming back to Baltimore.

For cheap.
    Wait...that means Jared Gaither is available!

McKinnie, you're an assclown and logic would assume you would mature with age, but you seems intent on searching for the bottom. You're a huge man with a ridiculous god given talent to maul mortal men. You're not a sex machine or an entertainer and your star is only bright from football. Do what you have a talent for and forget the stuff that will drag you to the bottom. The end of your road is near, make the most of what many of us envy.

Now that I got that out of the way, I think that on our current roster KO is the guy possessing the biggest upside and the desire to be the best he can be. Like many other posters, I would love to see him at LG again, but finding a LT with a desire to win more than filling their pockets is a challenge. Go with the guy that wants to play and F the giant divas.
    Last edited by Bigfish; 04-30-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    McKinnie, you're an assclown and logic would assume you would mature with age, but you seems intent on searching for the bottom. You're a huge man with a ridiculous god given talent to maul mortal men. You're not a sex machine or an entertainer and your star is only bright from football. Do what you have a talent for and forget the stuff that will drag you to the bottom. The end of your road is near, make the most of what many of us envy.

Now that I got that out of the way, I think that on our current roster KO is the guy possessing the biggest upside and the desire to be the best he can be. Like many other posters, I would love to see him at LG again, but finding a LT with a desire to win more than filling their pockets is a challenge. Go with the guy that wants to play and F the giant divas.
    Good post, BUT KO wants to play at G, no? It SEEMS I've read he has stated clearly that he is not best suited for T and prefers G?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Good post, BUT KO wants to play at G, no? It SEEMS I've read he has stated clearly that he is not best suited for T and prefers G?
    you are correct. He may be our best option to play LT, but he feels he is a G in this league. Much like Oher winning the position by default for so many years, he may not have that choice if a better option isnt added.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Left Tackles get paid on average almost triple what a Guard does and double what a RT does. Any player who has a chance to play LT is going to take it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Not that I disagree just curious as to why you think so?
    Personally I think KO was AWESOME at LG last year and want him to stay there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Because as you said, he's a beast inside, and can be as good as (if not better than) Yanda. I don't think you should mess with that, especially not with a first time starter at C who is a little undersized and is going to need the support. Who is going to play at LG if he is LT? You can't just plug a random guy in there, we saw that last year. You are massively weakening two positions by doing this.

I love Osemele and believe he's going to be an All Pro AT OG! He should stay there. Maybe he will prove me wrong if/when he plays at LT, but I'm extremely skeptical of that right now given what we saw of him at RT last year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I agree with many about how well KO played at guard and I want him to stay there...
    But, if McKinney leaves, and KO is the best option at LT, then that is how it should work out.
    We got a new Oline coach correct?
    So, maybe that will be the difference of getting these guys in the best positions to succeed.
    Give them some time to figure out what they have first.
    Maybe KO matures alot following his first year and that makes all the difference.
    Maybe one of these drafted OLinemen steps up and fills a spot in the starting lineup, say at LG.
    Then, KO takes LT and Oher at RT and a big rookie at LG.
    It is about putting the best 5 out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    It blows my mind that people still think McKinnie is coming back. Is it not obvious that Harbaugh is now putting his stamp on this team? He hates McKinnie. McKinnie never would have played a down last season if Reid didn't get hurt.
    Ever hear the old nautical saying "any port in a storm". Personally, I'd like to see KO @ LT, and predicted it after he was drafted. However, the FO may see McKinnie as a stop-gap for one more season, until something better comes along... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ever hear the old nautical saying "any port in a storm". Personally, I'd like to see KO @ LT, and predicted it after he was drafted. However, the FO may see McKinnie as a stop-gap for one more season, until something better comes along... Bc
    Yes, and it would certainly benefit everyone involved to have McKinnie start at LT at the beginning of the season because it would give the rookies time to learn and adjust.
    Also it gives the team another look at our other linemen under contract to see if they are progressing to work their way in. Some of these guys were brought in knowing they were projects.
    It takes off some of the pressure of moving guys into other positions or before they are simply ready.

Blog Entries

I'm not a huge McKinnie fan, but only because I think he's a lazy piece who couldn't care less about winning.

That said, I do think he is a better LT than Oher and I am all for any scenario that keeps Oher at RT and keeps Osemele at LG. Osemele was really solid as a RT last year, which leads me to believe that he may be able to handle the LT position. However, when he moved to LG he was lights out. I think KO could be Carl Nicks good at LG.

Who knows? Maybe Ricky Wagner shocks the world and goes from afterthought OT prospect to starting LT?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ... Who knows? Maybe Ricky Wagner shocks the world and goes from afterthought OT prospect to starting LT?
    OR perhaps KO moves out to LT, and Wagner is our LG ? ... Bc