Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

If we bring in Winston or Clabo, there is no way they move Oher inside. They move Oher to LT and keep KO inside. They wont accept that Oher is a natural guard, even though I think he would be an all pro there. But lets just dream for a minute and say they do feel good about moving Oher inside, an Oline of KO-Oher-Gino-Yanda-Winston looks pretty solid, you can pretty much run a full ZBS with that much athleticism too.

Castillo certainly has his work cut out of him, thats for damn sure.

still have no idea why we wouldn't bring him back if he wants close to vet min

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Oz said its a process so I think they have a price they're willing to pay but no more. It's his move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    im of this thought process. theyve stayed in touch, theyve said theyd like him back, but its every bit, "right player, right price". Hes going around and getting offers to bring back to us. He said as much already. "ozzie and Harbs said dont sign nothing before you talk to us". Granted thats from McKinnie, but i do believe that to be the strategy. once we see his offers well decide if he warrants that contract or not. I think he likely does because i dont see either of those teams going to deep for him.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    A third OL position for KO and Oher within a year?

Next idea outta the box will be moving Yanda to LT.Oher to RG and Reid to RT.They need to get a LT and stop screwing around with moving players.
    I agree 100%. The problem is, finding that bookend LT is more difficult than what is seems. The Ravens thought they had their LT with McKinnie when they signed him from the Vikings, but they were obviously not content with his commitment and efforts.
    This team has a whole lot of quality OG's, but the problem is, trying to fit a guard or RT into a LT position. Since the Ravens arguably had the best LT in NFL history with JO, it has set the bar pretty high on what fans are looking for. I think it's silly to expect another JO at the position, however, I think it's fair to assume a quality top 12 talent could be expected.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    I agree 100%. The problem is, finding that bookend LT is more difficult than what is seems. The Ravens thought they had their LT with McKinnie when they signed him from the Vikings, but they were obviously not content with his commitment and efforts.
    The Ravens only signed McKinnie to a two year contract, which has expired. Given his age, I always thought that the Ravens viewed McKinnie as a stop-gap until they were able to draft/trade for a younger LT. However, so far they have not been able to find that LT of the future. I think McKinnie is going to sign with the Chargers, which is going to cause a problem for the Ravens. Moving KO to LT is problematic IMO. KO wasn't able to handle speed rushers when he played RT, and will arguably face even better pass rushers as a LT. Also, moving KO out of the LG position exposes Gino, because now there would be a lesser player playing LG next to Gino. Winston and Clabo are other OTs that are available, but neither of them are LTs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    still have no idea why we wouldn't bring him back if he wants close to vet min
    But he doesn't. He wants every penny he can squeeze out of his next team. And the Bolts or Fins are likely to pay him more. Especially since any Ravens offer will be heavily loaded with incentives--& IMO McKinnie trusts them to honor incentives about as much as the team trusts him to fulfill the spirit (rather than the letter) of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Frankly, I thought Oher should have been moved to guard a long time ago. Problem was Grubbs was here.

This is a contract year for Oher. If he wants to earn that LT contract, put him there, sign Winston or Clabo, and at least ensure that 4 out of the 5 OL spots are solid.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    One thing about Oher is that he seems to work hard no matter he plays. I don't think that kind of incentive is going to improve his play the way it would other players because he already gives 100%. I would absolutely give Oher and every other potential candidate a chance to win that job in camp but I don't see us getting more from Oher than what he's shown in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens only signed McKinnie to a two year contract, which has expired. Given his age, I always thought that the Ravens viewed McKinnie as a stop-gap until they were able to draft/trade for a younger LT. However, so far they have not been able to find that LT of the future. I think McKinnie is going to sign with the Chargers, which is going to cause a problem for the Ravens. Moving KO to LT is problematic IMO. KO wasn't able to handle speed rushers when he played RT, and will arguably face even better pass rushers as a LT. Also, moving KO out of the LG position exposes Gino, because now there would be a lesser player playing LG next to Gino. Winston and Clabo are other OTs that are available, but neither of them are LTs.
    :word

Blog Entries

Roger Saffold.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

RapSheet 10:30am via TweetDeck

My understanding of the Bryant McKinnie situation: He has offers from #Dolphins and #Chargers. Still weighing them, negotiating.

Blog Entries

If that's true Houston, it makes things clear that the Ravens have something in mind. Either they really believe that KO can be a LT, where they can more easily find a LG to replace him, or they have something up their sleeves.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore