Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Just cut the shit and come back to Baltimore McKinnie.
    What makes you think the Ravens want him back?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Good point. They are in the process of trading for Roger Saffold behind the scenes. Word just hasn't got out yet.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yeah, I think it's plainly obvious they don't want him back at any cost...well unless someone got hurt *knock on wood*

Like others have suggested, I'd look at Winston/Clabo and plug them in at RT.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Oz said its a process so I think they have a price they're willing to pay but no more. It's his move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The hold up is that they had McKinnie's word, last year, that he'd show up to training camp in shape. However, we all remember how that went down. They just can't trust him. We as fans saw how he played once he was finally in shape, but some blindly assume that it would have been that way had he started day 1 and the organization knows better.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Just cut the shit and come back to Baltimore McKinnie.
    not sure the Ravens want him back at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
    not sure the Ravens want him back at all.
    This I think. The word is that the Chargers and Dolphins both offered him contracts already, but there's been no word from the Ravens as to if they are going to make an offer or not. If we wanted him, we'd push the chips to the middle and trump everyone's offer. I don't see it, I think Ozzie is ready to either make a move for a RT or an OG. Think about this...if we can grab Eric Winston at RT, move Oher to LG, KO at LT. Does that sound like a pretty good line? Or, if you're of the opinion that KO at LG is most important, you make Oher the one year stopgap at LT.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

How about Tyson Clabo at RT and move Oher to LG?

Clabo played every game for the last 5 years and mad all pro in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This I think. The word is that the Chargers and Dolphins both offered him contracts already, but there's been no word from the Ravens as to if they are going to make an offer or not. If we wanted him, we'd push the chips to the middle and trump everyone's offer. I don't see it, I think Ozzie is ready to either make a move for a RT or an OG. Think about this...if we can grab Eric Winston at RT, move Oher to LG, KO at LT. Does that sound like a pretty good line? Or, if you're of the opinion that KO at LG is most important, you make Oher the one year stopgap at LT.
    A third OL position for KO and Oher within a year?

Next idea outta the box will be moving Yanda to LT.Oher to RG and Reid to RT.They need to get a LT and stop screwing around with moving players.

Blog Entries
    Frankly, I thought Oher should have been moved to guard a long time ago. Problem was Grubbs was here.

This is a contract year for Oher. If he wants to earn that LT contract, put him there, sign Winston or Clabo, and at least ensure that 4 out of the 5 OL spots are solid.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Idk, i wouldnt say the Ravens dont have interest. In cases like this the Ravens let the market set itself, just so happens Mckinnie's market started late. Oz and Harbs have gone on record saying they've kept in contact with him and his agent. I still think there is interest, just always comes down to right player like price.

I agree with the idea of bringing in Clabo or Winston. Let Oher, KO and anyone else who can challenge have at it in camp to see who gets the job. May the best man win. once you bring in one of those two guys it becomes a numbers game. You have the bodies to put at a minimum 4/5ths of really good line IMO. Thats no worse than we have seen the past few seasons. Maybe consider Starks? Think he has spent time at gaurd during his career.

If this team decides they do not want McKinnie back then I think its nuts to get worked up over that. Lets get real the guy showed up out of shape and essentially useless for about half the season last year. Unless they are comfortable thats not the case this time around, why bother if you have to start someone else anyway at LT till he get his butt in shape. Your better off bringing a guy who can contribute day 1.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis