Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

i have no idea why we wouldn't resign him to the Vet min

seems like a no brainer

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    i have no idea why we wouldn't resign him to the Vet min

seems like a no brainer
    You're assuming he'd be open to such a deal and the Ravens haven't offered it.

Blog Entries
    Oz has his price and its up to BM to make the move

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're assuming he'd be open to such a deal and the Ravens haven't offered it.
    :word it takes two to tango. i believe it's a case of McKinnie thinking he's worth more than what he's been offered.

USA Today's Mike Garafolo reports free agent OT Demetress Bell would be a fallback option for the Ravens if they failed to re-sign Bryant McKinnie.
    It's the first we've heard of Bell since his release from the Eagles in early February. Bell was a total dud his lone season in the City of Brotherly Love, playing just 462 snaps while grading out as a bottom-three tackle in Pro Football Focus' ratings. He'd be little more than a reserve in Baltimore. Apr. 29 - 12:22 pm et

Blog Entries

Wasn't there a blurb here a little while ago that we upped our offer to McK?
    My gut says its about $$$, right player, right price...
    I don't think we will be the whole way down to vet minimum, but sure seems like his agent it trying to squeeze the most (and what agent doesn't?)
    Smoke and mirrors IMO, at least 3 teams went off the market for McK during the draft, and maybe 5 teams did.... the agent is going to take any pretext for a visit he can at this point... Oz's patience is still in full force, and we know that he does move when he has to make the move... doesn't feel like he has to do anything just yet (and the "raised offer" precludes another team's vet minimum acceptance).
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    McKinnie in South Beach would be like putting a food addict in a glass case of pizza.
    I loled.

Blog Entries

I'm heading down there on Wed as soon as I get out of traffic court so I'll put a good word
    in for you guys.

He won't be hard to spot on the beach with his size and all those pizzas. Id invite
    him to go deep sea fishing with us but he'd probably sink the boat when he got on.

:ww:

You guys got any messages to give him.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-29-2013 at 01:17 PM.

You would think with all the contact he's had with Harbs and Oz that if he gets an offer he'd keep them in the loop, however the way Ireland has been overpaying it's no way they'll match an unreasonable offer.

It makes you wonder what type of money they've been talking this offseason, because of Mckinnie's past work ethic and weight issues its a bit of a special case to have a capable NFL LT available this late in the game. When things are all said and done i'll be curious to find out what type of money he'll end up getting.

Asking price withstanding it will be hard pressed to imagine the Ravens 2013 O-Line better as a wholie if Mckinnie signs elsewhere. Certaintly not the end of the world, he's a middling player at the position right now but i do believe he's easily the best player available in free agency at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    You would think with all the contact he's had with Harbs and Oz that if he gets an offer he'd keep them in the loop, however the way Ireland has been overpaying it's no way they'll match an unreasonable offer.

It makes you wonder what type of money they've been talking this offseason, because of Mckinnie's past work ethic and weight issues its a bit of a special case to have a capable NFL LT available this late in the game. When things are all said and done i'll be curious to find out what type of money he'll end up getting.

Asking price withstanding it will be hard pressed to imagine the Ravens 2013 O-Line better as a wholie if Mckinnie signs elsewhere. Certaintly not the end of the world, he's a middling player at the position right now but i do believe he's easily the best player available in free agency at the position.
    I agree with your post. On top of being the best player at his position available in free agency, I hear he's also good with the ladies :happyanim

Blog Entries

There's one thing we can all guarantee: Bryant McKinnie is going to the highest bidder.

If the Ravens are offering a bag of M&Ms, while the Dolphins offer a bag and a half, he's going to Miami.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There's one thing we can all guarantee: Bryant McKinnie is going to the highest bidder.

If the Ravens are offering a bag of M&Ms, while the Dolphins offer a bag and a half, he's going to Miami.
    The possible silver lining is that they can't offer a bag and a half because they gave that 1/2 bag to Ellerbe :D
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Personally, I'll throw in a king size candy bar of his choice.