Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I gotta believe he is as good as gone. No rumors the Ravens are involved at this point. Multiple teams now involved. Lets get real though. Its not like McKinnie came in here in shape last year and gave us a complete solid season. He gave us essentially 4 solid games. You don't get in a bidding war for a guy like that. If he happens to fall at your price (vet min or slightly above) then fine, if not you move on and look at other options.
    no rumors theyve offered him anything. Theres been plenty reported that theyve been in contact with him throughout the process. Theyve talked about him literally every time they talked about the OL, even when saying theyd start KO at LT, it was followed with "if we get mcKinnie back those guys play those other positions." The teams interest is there, its just whether its the right price, which honestly i still have no idea what it is.

Im not sure where people are getting this notion they dont want him back period. the want is there, its the price theyll go to where the debate lies, imo.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The Ravens don't want him back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    It's looking that way. I'd be interested to know what he's being offered to him.

It seems other teams showing interest in a player gets a lot of press. Right now I don't see any press on the Ravens in discussions for anyone. I find it hard to believe that's the case. I think the Ravens like to stay in the shadows and out of the light of public discussion

Blog Entries

For all the guys who posted "I hope Ozzie has a plan" (regarding LT)...let me ask you, "Did you see the Ravens draft?." Does he, and his staff, seem like they've got a good grip on players' value? How about the FA signings of Doom, Canty, Huff, and Spears (not yet including R. McClain). Ozzie is a patient man, and that's to his credit. Look at the GMs who make a move prior to thinking it out. Let's give the man more time to check out the FA field, salary cap, and trade possibilities, shall we? ... Bc

Blog Entries

last year he made 2m or 3m after the salary cut? I dont foresee these teams offering much more than that honestly. Id say hes more than likely right in the same wage range that we initially expected and valued him at. 2-3/year for 2 years, first year guaranteed. Dunlap signed for 2/3.95 i would say at this point teams feel he has more value than mckinnie, which is partially why he was signed quickly, and mckinnie is still available. it comes down to age and you cant invest that much in an older player, even if this 1 year hes better than somebody younger. typically guys later in FA dont sign for bigger than the guys that went early.
    -JAB

I'd be surprised if any deal for B-mac guarantees anything over a million dollars.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    For all the guys who posted "I hope Ozzie has a plan" (regarding LT)...let me ask you, "Did you see the Ravens draft?." Does he, and his staff, seem like they've got a good grip on players' value? How about the FA signings of Doom, Canty, Huff, and Spears (not yet including R. McClain). Ozzie is a patient man, and that's to his credit. Look at the GMs who make a move prior to thinking it out. Let's give the man more time to check out the FA field, salary cap, and trade possibilities, shall we? ... Bc
    :word It would be like judging a book that's only been half way written. We need to let the author finish writing the book. The first real game isn't till September.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    no rumors theyve offered him anything. Theres been plenty reported that theyve been in contact with him throughout the process. Theyve talked about him literally every time they talked about the OL, even when saying theyd start KO at LT, it was followed with "if we get mcKinnie back those guys play those other positions." The teams interest is there, its just whether its the right price, which honestly i still have no idea what it is.

Im not sure where people are getting this notion they dont want him back period. the want is there, its the price theyll go to where the debate lies, imo.
    Aaron Wilson reported that the Chargers made McKinnie an offer a couple of days ago. Either the Ravens are going to get involved now or they really aren't interested. We should know pretty soon.

Fair enough but there is also a difference between lip service and actually signing the guy. Its easy to say..."yea McKinnie is the mix" and we would love to have him back. Its another thing to actally sign the guy. Being polite and treating a player with some respect deserved or not costs you nothing.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Fair enough but there is also a difference between lip service and actually signing the guy. Its easy to say..."yea McKinnie is the mix" and we would love to have him back. Its another thing to actally sign the guy. Being polite and treating a player with some respect deserved or not costs you nothing.
    Sounds like the same approach they took with Ed Reed.We want you back so here's an offer that we know you won't accept.

Blog Entries

depends on what you believe. do you think they didnt want Reed back because they said those things and didnt sign him? or do you think Texans just offered a number we wouldnt match? I think they say they want him because they do. they want any player that makes their team better. they just cant pay any price for any player which ends up being the factor more often than not on who they do sign vs dont.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Sounds like the same approach they took with Ed Reed.We want you back so here's an offer that we know you won't accept.
    Its not an offer they knew he wouldnt. its an offer they could make and felt he was worth. If Ed decided it was worth it to take a lesser deal and stay, hed be right back here and the team wouldnt have flinched and been happy to have him.
    -JAB

depends on what you believe. do you think they didnt want Reed back because they said those things and didnt sign him? or do you think Texans just offered a number we wouldnt match? I think they say they want him because they do. they want any player that makes their team better. they just cant pay any price for any player which ends up being the factor more often than not on who they do sign vs dont.

Its not an offer they knew he wouldnt. its an offer they could make and felt he was worth. If Ed decided it was worth it to take a lesser deal and stay, hed be right back here and the team wouldnt have flinched and been happy to have him.

nice call. I was 1000% dead wrong and you were right on this one. Ravens just resigned McKinnie from media reports. Just hoping he shows up ready to roll and ready to start. If he does it could be one hell of a great season
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis