Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    I'm sure he'd love to be a Dolphin. That dude loves the Miami night life.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Why not target Tyson Clabo and/or Eric Winston, move Oher back over to LT and keep KO and guard?
    I think they would be more inclined to move KO to LT than Oher, if not simply because Oher is coming up on a contract year, and if they want to resign him, they don't want his agent to ask for LT money.

He ain't fitting in those threads. He needs to size up a bit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    He ain't fitting in those threads. He needs to size up a bit.
    Well, we have no frame of reference in that picture.

They could be spread across an entire couch.

Blog Entries

Well, we have no frame of reference in that picture.

They could be spread across an entire couch.
    With hookers resting underneath of them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Love some of the comments, especially this one:

_b_mac
    "Who cares if you win 5 games, right, as long as there check don't bounce, maybe we can drop your ring buy on oct 6, by then the fins will be officially out of the playoffs"

Blog Entries

While that may be true, they may be the most desperate team in need of a LT. They've got a franchise QB who is coming into the final years of his deal. Spanos wants to win now and one of the biggest reasons why they tanked last year...and the year before...and the year before that is because their OL hasn't been good since Marcus McNeil was there and healthy. Jeromy Clary will probably be replaced by DJ Fluker, so getting McKinnie would at least give them a year or two of serviceable play at LT.

The Ravens could use McKinnie, but I don't think they necessarily "need" him to win and be successful.
    Speaking of marcus, wheres he at right now?

As high as they took fluker i cant imagine him being just a RT. Chargers are out of the mckinnie "sweepstakes" so to speak. I think if the dolphins pass hes out LT to lose so to speak.
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Speaking of marcus, wheres he at right now?

As high as they took fluker i cant imagine him being just a RT. Chargers are out of the mckinnie "sweepstakes" so to speak. I think if the dolphins pass hes out LT to lose so to speak.
    There is no way the line Fluker up at LT and call it square. If they do, then they legitimately hate Rivers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Scratching my head. I look to this forum to help fill in my very sketchy football knowledge, but I'm bemused by some comments. Seems some of us think SD and Miami would be idiots to sign McKinnie because of his physical conditioning, laziness, poor attitude, etc. But at the same time, many believe he would be good for our O line . . .

I hasten to add that I believe that BM (hmmm . . . initials that might fit him) would be better than Oher and that he would strengthen the whole line by allowing Oher and KO to play their best positions. I just think we should not blithely assume that he is ours for the asking. I assume Oz has plans for an O line without McKinnie, and we should too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Scratching my head. I look to this forum to help fill in my very sketchy football knowledge, but I'm bemused by some comments. Seems some of us think SD and Miami would be idiots to sign McKinnie because of his physical conditioning, laziness, poor attitude, etc. But at the same time, many believe he would be good for our O line . . .

I hasten to add that I believe that BM (hmmm . . . initials that might fit him) would be better than Oher and that he would strengthen the whole line by allowing Oher and KO to play their best positions. I just think we should not blithely assume that he is ours for the asking. I assume Oz has plans for an O line without McKinnie, and we should too.
    IMO, the criticism of McKinnie on this board is over the top. McKinnie is not a great LT, and he has issues with his level of conditioning, but if he were to be re-signed, he would be the best LT on the Ravens roster. People have to realize that high quality LTs are expensive, and the Ravens do not have much cap room. McKinnie, although not ideal, is a decent LT and is probably the best option for the Ravens given their cap constraints. People forget very quickly that McKinnie fared very well against some of the best pass rushers in the NFL during the playoffs last year.

Blog Entries

There is no way the line Fluker up at LT and call it square. If they do, then they legitimately hate Rivers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    in no way am i saying i agree with that ideology. I just think you take a guy that high youre expecting him to be your LT. maybe immediately. I think Dunlop probably wins it by default but either way they dont really have a spot for McKinnie. Us and the Dolphins certainly do though.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    McKinnie, although not ideal, is a decent LT and is probably the best option for the Ravens given their cap constraints. People forget very quickly that McKinnie fared very well against some of the best pass rushers in the NFL during the playoffs last year.
    I would change that to "McKinnie HAS BEEN a decent LT." The problem is we do not know for sure that what he has been is an indicator of what he will be. We don't know how he would have fared if he had played a full season last year. We don't know how he will perform if he is paid a big-money contract.

What we do know: he is an aging player; he has conditioning issues; he has motivational issues; he isn't highly valued by ANY of the 32 NFL teams; for some reason he did not play most of last season. These are all enormous red flags. Oher, for all his faults, is young with room to improve, especially if he were to actually stay in one position for awhile. Ignoring the question of who plays RT, I would be more comfortable with Oher than McKinnie at LT going into the season. And that's not to say I'd be comfortable with Oher; I just have zero trust in McKinnie.
    "Chin up, chest out."