Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    haha, nice one wicked.
    He'll be sorry.

These guys won't be.

http://www.google.com/search?q=photo...iw=790&bih=361
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-30-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I cannot believe somebody is actually serious about wanting Tebow.

With that being said, the only place I could see him fitting in would be to a team like us, Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, etc. that has an established QB that has absolutely zero chance of not being the starting QB other then major injury requiring the back up to fill in.

Any team that has QB issues still trying to find "The Guy" would be out of their minds bringing in Tebow to compete for the starting job as the distraction that comes along with him is just not worth it.

Great post and the point of the OP.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

He'll be sorry.

These guys won't be.

http://www.google.com/search?q=photo...iw=790&bih=361
    I dont even know what that means?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Why is this thread 4 pages long?

smh...
    Yeah, how long does it take to just say NO!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    He won football games for Denver like Trent Dilfer won football games for the Ravens.
    Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Exactly.

And screwing over Dilfer for Grbac was probably the only real mistake this organization has ever made.
    Funny you should mention it, because Tebow's 8-6 record as a starting QB for Denver, (1-1 playoff record) doesn't come close to matching Dilfer's record, or ring (7-1 as a Ravens starter, 4-0 in the playoffs).

Tebow's record does though match Grbac's record with the Ravens. Exactly.

Nevertheless, as HR stated, if he is as good as you claim he is, I am sure one of the 32 GMs will take a flyer on him. Right?

Blog Entries

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...pFGoAFBPp69DsN

Unless Tim Tebow is willing to change positions, his next NFL job appears likely to be team chaplain.

That was the assessment from multiple executives — both named and unnamed — around the league yesterday after the Jets belatedly waived their celebrated backup quarterback and punt protector after trying in vain for months to trade him.

League sources confirmed that the few teams that contacted the Jets about Tebow were open to trading for him only if he was willing to move to tight end, but Tebow continues to refuse that possibility.

The Lions were the lone exception (at least if Tebow chooses to remain a quarterback) to warm up to him publicly, with GM Martin Mayhew telling Detroit reporters that “you never say never” when it comes to Tebow.

But that sentiment puts Mayhew in what’s believed to be very thin company, as even the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League — who hold Tebow’s CFL rights — publicly downplayed their interest in adding the former Heisman Trophy winner.

“If he wants to come to Canada he would be in the same situation as the one he was in with New York,” Alouettes GM Jim Popp told TSN yesterday. “He can come here and compete to be the backup to Anthony Calvillo and learn the game, just like Jeff Garcia did [behind Doug Flutie].”

An NFC GM told The Post yesterday he would be “shocked” if Tebow is on an NFL roster as a quarterback this fall.

Despite the 8-5 record Tebow posted as the Broncos’ starting quarterback in his magical 2011 season, his extremely awkward throwing motion — which scouts now think is unfixable at Tebow’s age (25) — in a passing league is the dealbreaker for most teams.

“I have to think he’s radioactive to everybody as a [quarterback],” the source said. “Even if you were thinking about grooming him as a backup, the Jets thing showed he is this huge distraction. There isn’t enough talent there [as a passer] to put up with all that.”

Even Tebow’s hometown Jaguars, whom he turned down in favor of the Jets last year when given a pre-trade choice by the Broncos, share that downbeat assessment.

New Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said at his introductory press conference in January that he had zero interest in acquiring Tebow, and a team source confirmed yesterday that Caldwell’s feelings haven’t changed.

Several GMs even went public with their total disinterest in claiming Tebow, who is expected to clear waivers easily and become a free agent.

Seahawks GM John Schneider was asked by a Seattle radio station if he would consider adding Tebow.

“Uh, no,” he told 710 ESPN.

Of course, all it takes is one team for Tebow to get another shot in the NFL, and he is still thought to have fans in new Bears coach Marc Trestman and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who shockingly made Tebow a first-round pick in 2010, when McDaniels was Denver’s head. coach.

And don’t forget that the read option offense is now all the rage as a changeup look, thanks to the success of Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson, among others. But if the NFL doesn’t work out, Tebow does have one firm option: The outfit formerly known as the Lingerie Football League made him a written offer yesterday to be their leaguewide quarterbacks coach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont even know what that means?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Maybe he doesn't get your joke?

Wait! Did somebody start the stupidest thread of the year... and I wasn't invited. lol.

Can anyone say... Tebow, ehh'? Next stop: Great White North. Unless he's too proud to be a Canadian. Personally, if I were him I'd jump at that opportunity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Maybe he doesn't get your joke?
    Maybe.

Meh, I thought it was funny.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe.

Meh, I thought it was funny.
    Same here.

I thought the Jets take Ravens on the slide, not vice-cersa.

No, no, no, no.

why is this thread 6 pages already?