Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 154
  1. #109

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?



    Why are people so adamantly opposed to us acquiring Tim Tebow?




  2. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    Because he doesn't have a legitimate position.

    He can't throw it.

    He has no experience blocking or running routes, nor does he want to learn those skills.

    Plus, the Ravens have an athletic QB on the roster already. His name is Tyrod Taylor and even though he's not as big as Tebow, he is a much better passer.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because he doesn't have a legitimate position.

    He can't throw it.

    He has no experience blocking or running routes, nor does he want to learn those skills.

    Plus, the Ravens have an athletic QB on the roster already. His name is Tyrod Taylor and even though he's not as big as Tebow, he is a much better passer.
    All dead-on points, and to them I'll add the fact that Tyrod Taylor doesn't come with a built-in media circus.




  4. #112

    Cool Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    I think Tebow is the most underrated player in the league, by far. There are probably 10 quarterbacks he's better than, which isn't horrible. He's far better than Boller was, yet people held out faith for him for years.

    Did he NOT play an extraordinary game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs? He doesn't turn the ball over often. He provides multiple threats. And he plays his best when the game is on the line.

    If a team would sign him and just have mostly regular plays, rather than a bunch of gimmicky bullshit, he could be decent.

    I don't understand the hate. I really don't. He torched the Steelers. He was making amazing throws all over the place that game.
    WELL SAID!
    Season ticket holder since 1996. Section 124 rocks!




  5. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    All dead-on points, and to them I'll add the fact that Tyrod Taylor doesn't come with a built-in media circus.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #114

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Why are people so adamantly opposed to us acquiring Tim Tebow?
    Seriously, there are 6 pages here to read, I'm sure your question has already been answered. The real question is why can't you see he's not a good quarterback, he's a horrible passer and he comes with a media zoo of goobers who would question if Joe should be replaced. No way, no chance and no more.




  7. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,157
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    All dead-on points, and to them I'll add the fact that Tyrod Taylor doesn't come with a built-in media circus.
    I think that's one of the biggest reasons that teams will be very hesitant to touch Tebow. The media circus around Tebow is just insane. Talk about a distraction...




  8. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    791

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Why are people so adamantly opposed to us acquiring Tim Tebow?
    Because he is not an upgrade to the QB's already signed and with limited cap space I would rather see the team focus on aquiring a veteran possession receiver or an offensive lineman.




  9. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Why are people so adamantly opposed to us acquiring Tim Tebow?
    Because he's a terrible QB.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD




  10. #118

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    The Ravens would never take on the drama that Tim Tebow brings. Unless he changes his stance regarding playing a different position, his time in the NFL is over. Irregardless, the Ravens won't touch him with a 10 foot pole.




  11. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    466

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Funny you should mention it, because Tebow's 8-6 record as a starting QB for Denver, (1-1 playoff record) doesn't come close to matching Dilfer's record, or ring (7-1 as a Ravens starter, 4-0 in the playoffs).

    Tebow's record does though match Grbac's record with the Ravens. Exactly.

    Nevertheless, as HR stated, if he is as good as you claim he is, I am sure one of the 32 GMs will take a flyer on him. Right?
    You mean one of the 30 GMs! The Jets and the Ravens sure won't!




  12. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: Tim Tebow to the Ravens?

    Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    You mean one of the 30 GMs! The Jets and the Ravens sure won't!
    29 then.

    No way Denver brings him back either.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland