Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: WRs the Ravens could trade for

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I think the issue for Furstenberg is that he fits best as an H-back and the Ravens just took the best H-back in the draft in Juice. Since their roles would be so similar I don't see Furstenberg making the roster this season unless they move (see: cut) Leach. I'm rooting for him though.
    I'm in the same camp. I'll always root for the locals, but unless he becomes an in-line "stoner", he's at-risk unless someone goes down.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crabcake View Post
    Lloyd is a terrible teammate according to everything I've read about him.

I think the most likely scenario is we go after a cap casualty. Nate Washington anyone?
    Possibly if they decide to hold on to Britt and see Wright and Hunter as theur future. He would not be a bad fall back option at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I guess you can put me in the minority that isnt too worried about our WRs. Every time we need our younger players to step up, somebody does. Doss, Reed, Thompson, Streeter, Gurley williams or mellette. if youre telling me im giving Ozzie 7 chances to hit once, im taking those odds every time.
    I agree. There is a reason we have been drafting WRs with some talent.
    It is time for someone to rise above the rest or maybe, just maybe, we have a stable of receivers ready to play.
    Streeter and Thompson have that year under their belts to mature.
    Gurley is such a huge receiver, Boldin could hide behind him.
    Only one of them needs to step up. I think two of those 3 will.
    We still have Jones and two new H-back types, plus Pitta and Dickson.
    This offense will be extremely versatile.
    The ball will come out quicker, but we have at least 4 receivers with 4.4 speed or better to go deep.
    Remember, Caldwell creates and runs plays to naturally help the receivers gain separation. That was a huge part of the playoff success.
    Now he has the entire offseason and camps to fit the pieces where they will be most successful.
    Hang in there gang...if the OL gets their act together, this offense will take off.
    Our defense will be out to attack QBs who have to score early and often to keep up with the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Yes. We need to address a slot receiver at some point. Doss is unproven and soft.
    How about trying to sign Brandon Stokley for one more go around? Peyton Manning sure did like his sure hands. Stokley made some Anquanlike catches in that Ravens vs Broncos playoff game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Either way.

Jusczczyk could be another candidate in those types of formations. He's a hell of a receiver as well.

Torrey_________KO, Jah, Gino, Yanda, Oher________________Pitta____________Jacoby
    ______________________Joe___________Furstenburg/KJ/Ed

______________________Rice
    I hope that isn't the oline, yikes.

The Ravens think one of two things:

1) the WR group is sufficient, or
    2) someone is going to shake out when teams start paring their rosters.

It could well be that someone shakes loose that the Ravens would want to bring in for a look. I haven't checked out rosters, but the 49ers traded for Boldin, drafted Patton, and had Jenkins on the bench the whole year, so they might be flush with receivers. St. Louis drafted two WRs in this draft, so they might have someone shake loose. Seattle may be in the same boat (traded for Harvin, drafted Harper). The Vikings signed Jennings, and drafted Patterson. Those teams may not drop a guy, but maybe they find themselves with one too many. I recall Seattle trading Josh Wilson to the Ravens during training camp because they thought they had too many CBs.

On May 1st, it's really hard to tell what might happen in the fall.

Blog Entries

I don't care about signing a WR anymore, I just hope they get a LT.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Whether I like it or not, I'm pretty sure our X and slot WRs are already among the 90-man.

But I'm not so concerned about the depth chart as I am concerned about JJ12. I know he's a vet, but his mind is so far away from football right now...

On top of that, last year, I think he felt he had something to prove. With a ring, an all-Pro selection, and one of the most memorable plays in NFL history in his lock box, is he going to work as hard this OS as he (apparently) did last OS? Where is his mind going to be? I might be overstating and overthinking things here, but I have more confidence that Doss, Streeter or Thompson will step up and make a strong challenge for the #3 than JJ12 being a reliable asset on offense.
    Would definitely like to see Jacoby step up during the upcoming regular season. Especially considering he is an almost $5 million dollar cap hit who only hauled in 30 passes last season. I wasn't worried about it then because Boldin was there. But with losing his 65-70 catches, who knows how many for first downs, it would be nice to see Jacoby have more of an impact on the offense.

Other than that, I don't even know why David Reed is even still being mentioned.

Without checking the available receivers list I would much rather us sign someone like Brandon Lloyd, Dominik Hixon or Ramses Barden at this point.

I think James Jones would be a great fit for our offense, but I'm not sure we would be willing to pay the price in draft picks and contract money

Blog Entries

The Ravens might as well go with the youth competition if they are thinking about trading for the Nate Washington's of the world.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Without checking the available receivers list I would much rather us sign someone like Brandon Lloyd, Dominik Hixon or Ramses Barden at this point.

I think James Jones would be a great fit for our offense, but I'm not sure we would be willing to pay the price in draft picks and contract money
    I'd pay Brandon Lloyd to completely stay away from my team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I would bet money that the ravens pick up a vet WR that gets cut over the summer. Either way, its time for Flacvo to elevate his game and make these younger receivers that we have look better than they maybe are. Joe is hitting his prime, with all the confidence in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes something out of Doss or Thompson. Reed and LQ are ST guys. Streeter is a big unknown.