Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: WRs the Ravens could trade for

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    I think Maclin is about the only realistic target for a trade. Denarius Moore would be great, but I can't see the Raiders moving him when he's just started to scratch the surface of his potential.
    I would really like Moore, even though it seems he kind of quit last year. In fact I think he was benched for lack of concentration/drops. But that might help to precipitate a trade if they view him as disgruntled. He has nothing to look forward to in Flynn/Wilson.

"Oakland Raiders head coach Dennis Allen confirmed in his post-game presser that WR Denarius Moore was benched in the Browns game for dropped balls: "Dropped a couple balls, and we got to make plays when you've got opportunities...It wasn't from a lack of effort, but we've got to make plays when we've got an opportunity."

I think they really like Streater and Criner, so they may view him as expendable. Plus they should be getting Jacoby Ford back.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Are people really this panicked about WR right now?

I'm not at all. I'd be fine with them looking for one of their recent draftees to step up. Doss, Thompson, Streeter, Williams...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's April, give the guys some time
    Jacoby Jones was cut after the draft last year. I think it was the first week in May. There will be players like that cut this year as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Only one I can think if was Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis, which was a blockbuster, but otherwise, I would agree, very rare.
    Brady Quinn and Peyton Hillis...there were draft picks there, and Hillis was a no one at the time, but...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jacoby Jones was cut after the draft last year. I think it was the first week in May. There will be players like that cut this year as well.
    Yes and then the countdowns in late summer. There will be options

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Is Boldin available?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I'm not at all. I'd be fine with them looking for one of their recent draftees to step up. Doss, Thompson, Streeter, Williams...
    Clearly, that is why they drafted them.

Can Doss actually perform in real games?
    Is Streeter anything more than a career project?
    Is Thompson an NFL caliber WR?
    WIlliams seems to me a career ST's guy as best.

These guys haven't inspired much confidence so far. Granted, we have really small samples. Torrey didn't look so hot in the beginning either. I am content to see how things shake out in camp, but I am not opposed to bringing someone in via trade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Is Boldin available?
    He could be. The 49ers just had to restructure Patrick Willis to get enough space for their draft picks. They have a ton of receivers. There is no guarantee that Boldin will make their roster at that high cap number.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have a better shot at being traded to the Ravens than anyone listed.

Are people really this panicked about WR right now?

Agreed...lets see what we have in training camp. If we feel that we need another WR, someone of value will shake free when teams need to cut down.

Blog Entries

I think we will see a lot of 2-headed monster running style with Rice and Pierce, especially if our D performs as good as they currently look on paper so far.

And I also think Caldwell could utilize our TEs and FBs more, especially Dickson and Jusz in more creative ways than Cameron could have ever dreamed of.

Whether I like it or not, I'm pretty sure our X and slot WRs are already among the 90-man.

But I'm not so concerned about the depth chart as I am concerned about JJ12. I know he's a vet, but his mind is so far away from football right now...

On top of that, last year, I think he felt he had something to prove. With a ring, an all-Pro selection, and one of the most memorable plays in NFL history in his lock box, is he going to work as hard this OS as he (apparently) did last OS? Where is his mind going to be? I might be overstating and overthinking things here, but I have more confidence that Doss, Streeter or Thompson will step up and make a strong challenge for the #3 than JJ12 being a reliable asset on offense.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Whether I like it or not, I'm pretty sure our X and slot WRs are already among the 90-man.

But I'm not so concerned about the depth chart as I am concerned about JJ12. I know he's a vet, but his mind is so far away from football right now...

On top of that, last year, I think he felt he had something to prove. With a ring, an all-Pro selection, and one of the most memorable plays in NFL history in his lock box, is he going to work as hard this OS as he (apparently) did last OS? Where is his mind going to be? I might be overstating and overthinking things here, but I have more confidence that Doss, Streeter or Thompson will step up and make a strong challenge for the #3 than JJ12 being a reliable asset on offense.
    I feel somewhat similarly about Jacoby. Last year, he was mostly a 10-20 snaps per game player on offense, and I guess there's a feeling that he could build on that and be a bigger contributor this year. I doubt it. Let him stick as the situational #3/#4 who comes in to stretch the field opposite Torrey in certain packages. He'll probably never be as good in that role again as he was last year, frankly, and he certainly won't be the starting X receiver next year.

So who will be? Not Doss--based on what we saw last year he is simply too soft to tolerate contact off the line and at the point of the catch. The Ravens seemed to know that and frequently threw him jump balls hoping he'd draw PIs. It didn't work. Aaron Mellette didn't show anything on the tape I saw to suggest he's any different.

So you're left with Laquan, Reed, Thompson, and Streeter. For different reasons, I just don't see how any of those 4 are capable of handling starting WR duties. Forgive me, but out of every spot on the roster (even LT), I feel worst about the starting WR spot opposite Torrey.