Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

WRs the Ravens could trade for

BUF Stevie Johnson: new regime in BUF, rebuilding, they just picked up 3 good WRs in the draft, they need TE help. We could trade them Ed Dickson and a pick. Unlikely though because he just signed a new 5 year deal in 2012 for over $35M.

PHI Jeremy Maclin: doesn't fit Kelly's offense. Even though PHI is loaded at TE, we could try to trade them Ed Dickson and a pick, maybe Kelly would want to be reunited. 2014 Free Agent.

OAK Denarius Moore: OAK in complete rebuild mode. Moore in back end of his rookie deal. Once again, trade them Ed Dickson and picks. They need picks. Or one of our young WRs.

All 3 have had various injury issues.

Feel free to list your own targets.

Blog Entries

Re: WRs the Ravens could trade for

I like Maclin, but only for a 4th round pick, not a pick plus Dickson. I think Caldwell will bring out the best in Dickson this year.

Blog Entries

GB James Jones: hard to tell if he would be anything without Rodgers as QB. Free agent in 2014. They let him walk last year and he got no real offers besides MIN think, eventually went back to GB.

Blog Entries

There is no way the Bills are trading Stevie Johnson. It's a Ray Rice situation. He just signed and it would destroy their cap if they moved him.

No one is taking Ed Dickson for a starter either. He has just 1 year left on his deal and is not an impact player. It's going to take picks and next years picks always push the price up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There is no way the Bills are trading Stevie Johnson. It's a Ray Rice situation. He just signed and it would destroy their cap if they moved him.
    I know. Highly unlikely.

No one is taking Ed Dickson for a starter either. He has just 1 year left on his deal and is not an impact player. It's going to take picks and next years picks always push the price up.
    I think Dickson would have some minor appeal. He did make some plays in the SB. He has shown some flashes. Just not consistency. Plus he clearly took a backseat to Pitta (largely because of his inconsistency).

Blog Entries

Player for player deals are incredibly rare in the NFL. Usually when they do happen it's someone's backup for another teams backup or 2 just flat out duds. Think Jason Smith for Wayner Hunter or Mike Goodson for Bruce Campbell. Anyone remember solid players being moved for another player?

I think Maclin is about the only realistic target for a trade. Denarius Moore would be great, but I can't see the Raiders moving him when he's just started to scratch the surface of his potential.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    I think Maclin is about the only realistic target for a trade. Denarius Moore would be great, but I can't see the Raiders moving him when he's just started to scratch the surface of his potential.
    I would really like Moore, even though it seems he kind of quit last year. In fact I think he was benched for lack of concentration/drops. But that might help to precipitate a trade if they view him as disgruntled. He has nothing to look forward to in Flynn/Wilson.

"Oakland Raiders head coach Dennis Allen confirmed in his post-game presser that WR Denarius Moore was benched in the Browns game for dropped balls: "Dropped a couple balls, and we got to make plays when you've got opportunities...It wasn't from a lack of effort, but we've got to make plays when we've got an opportunity."

I think they really like Streater and Criner, so they may view him as expendable. Plus they should be getting Jacoby Ford back.

Player for player deals are incredibly rare in the NFL. Usually when they do happen it's someone's backup for another teams backup or 2 just flat out duds. Think Jason Smith for Wayner Hunter or Mike Goodson for Bruce Campbell. Anyone remember solid players being moved for another player?
    Only one I can think if was Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis, which was a blockbuster, but otherwise, I would agree, very rare.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Only one I can think if was Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis, which was a blockbuster, but otherwise, I would agree, very rare.
    Brady Quinn and Peyton Hillis...there were draft picks there, and Hillis was a no one at the time, but...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The Colts and Bills traded linebackers today, but they weren't exactly tearing up the league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The Colts and Bills traded linebackers today, but they weren't exactly tearing up the league.
    Indianapolis had no business taking Jerry Hughes that high anyway. He was an undersized speed rusher without the skill to compensate. He was all speed. No hand technique. No leverage. Nothing else. They must have thought they were going to mold another Robert Mathis and didn't come close.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore