Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: WRs the Ravens could trade for

Quote Originally Posted by scottie b View Post
    got a feelin' Anquan will be back
    Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up being cut and the Ravens re-signed him?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    You can take all those things and say them about flacco minus the all pro but add a super Bowl mvp and a big fat contract to it. By your logic we should probably start looking for another qb. Makes no sense. There's nothing to indicate that jj is gonna call it a career just because of what he accomplished this year. I'm sure he wants to improve and be the best he can be.
    I don't understand what you are talking about here. I didn't say nor imply that we need to starting looking for someone to replace JJ12...or that he's going to call it career. That will be his own doing, if it ever came to that.

And WRT Joe, it's not relevant b/c he was already a good player. JJ12 was not. In fact, JJ12 was pretty much a career disappointment at the WR position in that he had never stepped up when presented with the opportunity to do so. More so, if Joe ever decides to do reality TV or some other meaningless 2-3 month endeavor that takes his mind and body away from football then I'll be just as concerned.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up being cut and the Ravens re-signed him?
    That would be something that would reinforce the Legend of Oz. Trade a guy for a draft pick that was used to trade up to get Arthur Brown, then resign the very guy you traded - all at a lower cost.

But I think we are dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Player for player deals are incredibly rare in the NFL. Usually when they do happen it's someone's backup for another teams backup or 2 just flat out duds. Think Jason Smith for Wayner Hunter or Mike Goodson for Bruce Campbell. Anyone remember solid players being moved for another player?
    The Colts and Bills traded linebackers today, but they weren't exactly tearing up the league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The Colts and Bills traded linebackers today, but they weren't exactly tearing up the league.
    Indianapolis had no business taking Jerry Hughes that high anyway. He was an undersized speed rusher without the skill to compensate. He was all speed. No hand technique. No leverage. Nothing else. They must have thought they were going to mold another Robert Mathis and didn't come close.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    BUF Stevie Johnson: new regime in BUF, rebuilding, they just picked up 3 good WRs in the draft, they need TE help. We could trade them Ed Dickson and a pick. Unlikely though because he just signed a new 5 year deal in 2012 for over $35M.

PHI Jeremy Maclin: doesn't fit Kelly's offense. Even though PHI is loaded at TE, we could try to trade them Ed Dickson and a pick, maybe Kelly would want to be reunited. 2014 Free Agent.

OAK Denarius Moore: OAK in complete rebuild mode. Moore in back end of his rookie deal. Once again, trade them Ed Dickson and picks. They need picks. Or one of our young WRs.

All 3 have had various injury issues.

Feel free to list your own targets.
    The Ravens play in too many big games for someone like Stevie Johnson. He'd make the last Bill's receiver we signed look liike Jerry rice in the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have a better shot at being traded to the Ravens than anyone listed.

Are people really this panicked about WR right now?
    Yes. We need to address a slot receiver at some point. Doss is unproven and soft.

If he's unproven how do you know that he's soft?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    If he's unproven how do you know that he's soft?

You could def argue that he needs to toughen up a bit. Seems like every year since he has been here he has been hurt with one thing or another.

Torrey played an entire season with a sports hernia.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

They could sign Braylon Edwards on the cheap and he can drop passes as good as Stevie Johnson can.Lee Evans is also out there as well as Housh...

I would be curious to see what Santonio Holmes could do in the Ravens offense.

If they are going to spend any type of $ on a Vet WR, I want it to be Boldin. If there's no way Boldin is coming back, take a look and see what Doss can do, until he gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    They could sign Braylon Edwards on the cheap and he can drop passes as good as Stevie Johnson can.Lee Evans is also out there as well as Housh...

I would be curious to see what Santonio Holmes could do in the Ravens offense.
    Edwards can't catch a cold and Holmes is a head-case. No thanks.