Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: WRs the Ravens could trade for

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'd pay Brandon Lloyd to completely stay away from my team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Why? Is he a bad teammate or something? I ask because I honestly don't know. He had few good years in Denver.

Blog Entries

He's been on so many different teams, you have to wonder what the issue is, because his on field playing ability has always been pretty good, and can't be the reasons why he's been on so many different teams. If he was a really good locker room guy, he'd had likely only seen 3 teams at the max. I don't know anything about this guy as a person so I wont throw out accusations, but there have been rumors he is a bit of an odd one.

Blog Entries

Kinda like Bernard Pollard I guess. Good player but not so good that anybody go to any lengths to keep him around.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Why? Is he a bad teammate or something? I ask because I honestly don't know. He had few good years in Denver.
    As Leach said, just take a look at how many teams he's been on...going on 8 different teams in 11 years. Every single one of those teams needed WR help and rushed him out the door.

I don't know any specifics (other than I cannot find a fan of a team that he was on that actually liked him other than Broncos fans), but I know that is a big enough red flag that I want no part of him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Kinda like Bernard Pollard I guess. Good player but not so good that anybody how's to any lengths to keep him around.
    His situation is much worse than Pollard's IMHO. At least Pollard lasts for 2 years.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    As Leach said, just take a look at how many teams he's been on...going on 8 different teams in 11 years. Every single one of those teams needed WR help and rushed him out the door.

I don't know any specifics (other than I cannot find a fan of a team that he was on that actually liked him other than Broncos fans), but I know that is a big enough red flag that I want no part of him.
    Oh my goodness. Didn't realize he had bounced around to so many different teams. Definstely a red flag.

Blog Entries

Some FA WRs:

Laurent Robinson (concussions)
    Titus Young (insane)

Laurent Robinson was kicking ass with Tony Romo the year before last. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot.

As for Titus...it seems now the Ravens really don't care how much talent a guy has if he is a knucklehead...(except for McClain who somehow gets a pass...at least for now).

I'm still kinda pissed they didn't sign Da'Rick Rogers as a UDFA. They took a similar chance with Jimmy Smith, and Smith was riskier because he was a 1st rd. pick. Signing Rogers as a UDFA for peanuts is a no-brainer to me.

I guess with all of the veterans that left they don't want to bring in anyone that might rock the boat.
    Last edited by bt12483; 04-30-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Laurent Robinson has a ton of talent but is always hurt. As a #3/#4 receiver, he can certainly be effective like he was in Dallas. Jacksonville tried to use him as a starter and he just isnt.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

SuggsKill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Laurent Robinson has a ton of talent but is always hurt. As a #3/#4 receiver, he can certainly be effective like he was in Dallas. Jacksonville tried to use him as a starter and he just isnt.

Agreed.

Ed Dickson is certainly indemand

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    BUF Stevie Johnson: new regime in BUF, rebuilding, they just picked up 3 good WRs in the draft, they need TE help. We could trade them Ed Dickson and a pick. Unlikely though because he just signed a new 5 year deal in 2012 for over $35M.

PHI Jeremy Maclin: doesn't fit Kelly's offense. Even though PHI is loaded at TE, we could try to trade them Ed Dickson and a pick, maybe Kelly would want to be reunited. 2014 Free Agent.

OAK Denarius Moore: OAK in complete rebuild mode. Moore in back end of his rookie deal. Once again, trade them Ed Dickson and picks. They need picks. Or one of our young WRs.

All 3 have had various injury issues.

Feel free to list your own targets.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    Ed Dickson is certainly indemand
    Where are you seeing that Ed Dickson is in demand?

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

12. Re: WRs the Ravens could trade for

I doubt they'll trade for a WR.
    They seem to be committed to a team-wide youth movement.
    I also doubt it's a coincidence that they signed 2 UDFA WRs: Gerard Sheppard & Omarius Hines, who are physically comparable in size to Boldin, only faster.