Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Re: WRs the Ravens could trade for

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    We wish!! That's the only thing I'm still pissed off about!
    We wouldn't have Dumervil or Huff if we didn't trade Boldin. He was one of my favorite players, I still think he can play at a high level and I really, really wish he was still on the team. But I'll take Dumervil Huff and a 6th over Boldin any day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    We wouldn't have Dumervil or Huff if we didn't trade Boldin. He was one of my favorite players, I still think he can play at a high level and I really, really wish he was still on the team. But I'll take Dumervil Huff and a 6th over Boldin any day
    That 6th also helped land Arthur Brown.

If we stick with the guys we have my guess is the "starters" will depend on field position similar to how we used Jacoby/Doss late last year. If we are inside our own 20, or in the redzone, it will be Torrey and Doss with Thompson first off the bench. In between the 20's it will be Torrey and Jacoby with Thompson again coming in to play the slot. I think that is probably the best way to go about getting the most out of each guy

Blog Entries

I'm not saying to hand them the spot. However, I agree with Ozzie, who said himself that you won't know about these guys until you give them a chance on the field. Even he acknowledged that Boldin's absence will help them get that chance. Let them compete.

What's the point of drafting these guys if you aren't going to give them a chance, but are going to sign 'proven' WRs who were given that chance at some point in their careers?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm not saying to hand them the spot. However, I agree with Ozzie, who said himself that you won't know about these guys until you give them a chance on the field. Even he acknowledged that Boldin's absence will help them get that chance. Let them compete.

What's the point of drafting these guys if you aren't going to give them a chance, but are going to sign 'proven' WRs who were given that chance at some point in their careers?
    Ex, I agree. I would rather the Ravens kept Boldin, but since they didn't, let's give these young guys a chance. They've been here a year or two, so they're not raw rookies. The coaching staff has seen them in the off-season, training camp, and regular season. I'd really like to see what Doss and/or Thompson can do... Bc

Blog Entries

Any interest in Laurent Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Eh...I think he is a one year wonder. He also is hurt way too much.

I'm wary of teams that cut young players at a position of need...especially when they can afford it on the cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ex, I agree. I would rather the Ravens kept Boldin, but since they didn't, let's give these young guys a chance. They've been here a year or two, so they're not raw rookies. The coaching staff has seen them in the off-season, training camp, and regular season. I'd really like to see what Doss and/or Thompson can do... Bc
    Agreed. I'm all for competition but we need to grow our own WR group through the draft primarily. Caldwell can simplify things as needed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

RWT,
    As you know, Ozzie only recently began to find success drafting WR. Clayton was decent, but we all agree not deserving of a first round pick.
    Home grown talent is a great desire, but until Ozzie can prove he can do this consistently....I'll reserve judgement.
    Thompson should emerge to be reliable, but we don't know because the last OC barely played those guys and Caldwell didn't have time to.
    Waiting until 7th rd, was typical Ozzie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Too many concussions. He had 4 last year in Jacksonville.

Blog Entries

I mean, if you think about it, this is a very good position for someone like Doss or Thompson to be in. They have a top 5 RB starting in the backfield, apart of one of the best RB tandems in the league. Both of whom have the best FB in the league blocking for them. Of Whom, will have one of the best offensive lines in the league in front of HIM, once they find a LT worth half a damn, so they can keep everyone else at their better spots. Other than LT, you have a fast rising LG, young prospective C, the best RG in the game and an above average RT who finally gets to stay in one spot.

Oh, by the way, you have one of the best vertical threats in the game eating up double teams for you, with a reliable TE taking away LBs and Ss. You'll be facing #2 and #3 CBs all day long, while you, oh by the way, catch passes from one of the best QBs in the league. You know, the guy with the arm to fit passes into any window?

Great situation to be in for Doss and/or Thompson.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I mean, if you think about it, this is a very good position for someone like Doss or Thompson to be in. They have a top 5 RB starting in the backfield, apart of one of the best RB tandems in the league. Both of whom have the best FB in the league blocking for them. Of Whom, will have one of the best offensive lines in the league in front of HIM, once they find a LT worth half a damn, so they can keep everyone else at their better spots. Other than LT, you have a fast rising LG, young prospective C, the best RG in the game and an above average RT who finally gets to stay in one spot.

Oh, by the way, you have one of the best vertical threats in the game eating up double teams for you, with a reliable TE taking away LBs and Ss. You'll be facing #2 and #3 CBs all day long, while you, oh by the way, catch passes from one of the best QBs in the league. You know, the guy with the arm to fit passes into any window?

Great situation to be in for Doss and/or Thompson.
    I agree 100%. I can't wait to see this battle for the #2 WR spot in camp and preseason.