View Poll Results: Who starts opposite Brown?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Josh Bynes

3 9.68%
  • Albert McClellan

5 16.13%
  • Jameel McClain

7 22.58%
  • Rolando McClain

16 51.61%
  • Free Agent

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who starts opposite Arthur Brown?

I think Arthur Brown instantly became the best ILB on this team when he was drafted, the question is who plays beside him? Also do you think he starts at the Mike or at the Will?

Blog Entries

Re: Who starts opposite Arthur Brown?

I think out of those guys, Rolando is clearly the most talented player, so I think it will be him if he gets his act together. He could play Mike like he did at Alabama, and Arthir Brown could play will in the athletic role. They could compliment each other well. Excuse me for any grammar errors, I'm posting from my android.

I voted for McClain if he get's his head together. McClain will take on blocks allowing Brown to flow over top, cover TE's etc.

If McClain doesn't Bynes is probably the most athletic out of himself, McClain and McClellan.

What about Upshaw? Wasn't Ozzie saying he wanted to try him at ILB some too? Though I would imagine that would be more situational rather than starting.

I was hesitant to pick Rolando because of the big if of him getting his head on straight. Jameel as far as I know is still resting his injury and I question his conditioning sitting around recovering. You would think his muscles have atrophied over the many months of inactivity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    What about Upshaw? Wasn't Ozzie saying he wanted to try him at ILB some too? Though I would imagine that would be more situational rather than starting.
    I thought that was just message board talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I voted for McClain if he get's his head together. McClain will take on blocks allowing Brown to flow over top, cover TE's etc.

If McClain doesn't Bynes is probably the most athletic out of himself, McClain and McClellan.
    I should have refreshed before posting, we both highlighted if.

Blog Entries

I voted for Rolando. If he hasn't been cut by now, I don't think they will.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sp...OEDiIk.twitter

Pees’ response when asked whether Upshaw could see more time inside: “You never know.”

Said Pees: “The way we teach this defense, all the [linebackers] have to know all four spots … because, again, I’ve always told these guys that I don’t want a good player standing on the sideline by me with a player out there on the field that I don’t think is as good because you can’t play another position. So, our guys have always learned a lot of different spots.
    I think it was partially coach speak, partially Pee's wanting to have the best players on the field at the same time. Upshaw, imo, doesn't have great change of direction skills to be much more than true thumper and he probably won't be better at it than any of the other full times MLB's.

Blog Entries

If Rolando is on the team, which i think he will be, hell prove to be better than anybody else. I think he returns to form closer to his Alabama days or at the least his 2011 Raiders season, which despite people calling him an awful player, was actually very good that season.
    -JAB

Also, remember Bryan Hall is making the switch to ILB. I'm not sure how its going to work out be he's another option.

Im actually leaning towards Bynes...he really steppped up and watching him in the Redskins game, then watching him vs. Denver and vs. NYG was like night and day. I believe he made the calls for those games as well. He reminds me a lot of Ellerbe, not as fast but same build, a bit undersized but physical in the run game.