Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Arthur Brown vs RGIII

I would just like to post the clips of his game back in 2011 against Baylor, where he completely neutrilised RG3 and the whole Baylor offense. After a shaky start, he went beast mode and got his defense together and helped win a big game for K state. This is the kind of leadership and completely insane play we could be looking forward to in Baltimore by Arthur Brown, who will be playing behind an extremely talented Dline to boot. This is a very very exciting pick, and the game he had here was one of the best games I've ever seen from a college LB.

I've watched this like five times now, and get pumped every time.

If he fell to the late second because of size, then teams are going to be regretting passing up on him like they did Bobby Wagner and Lavonte David last year.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 04-29-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Re: Arthur Brown vs RGIII

That boy has some wheels, exactly what we need at linebacker

3. Re: Arthur Brown vs RGIII

Wow. After the first 3:30, I was thinking he's too fast - he needs to be a little more patient and stop bolting past the tackle... but what a strong finish!!! Excellent video. I can't wait to watch AB2 develop!

Blog Entries

I was so excited when we traded up because I knew we were getting Arthur Brown.

Is it football season yet? So excited for this team.

Here's a video of him from this past year up against Tavon Austin and Geno Smith. This one really shows off how good his pass coverage skills are. He has Tavon (arguably the most elusive player in the draft) and the middle of the field completely blanketed. It's really impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUuGUNAIWYw

It may be a bit premature but I think we got a steal in the 2nd round.

Blog Entries

i only watched the first 2:30 before and just thought "okay, no real highlights from him, mostly everyone around him failing to do anything good"

will have to watch the rest now.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

With the safety from Florida and Brown, that is two players who can attack at the LOS...
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Can't open the link in leach a post. Or is it just me.

I don't watch many college games so thanks for posting. Seeing him run down RG3 is impressive since we know he plays with NFL speed. Looks like a high motor guy.

Blog Entries

Looks like a young Ray Lewis at Miami...

Even if I was less bullish on him than many here, I love the Arthur Brown pick (didn't want him in the 1st, but right player right price--getting him in the low 2nd is great value). I'm not as excited by this tape as you guys though. I get that Brown had the 2 big plays that really sealed the game--the sack and the pick--but can you really say he "dominated" RGIII when Griffin went for 5 freaking TDs, 2 of which were into Brown's coverage? (I wouldn't put all the blame on Brown for either of them, the slant to Monk just caught KSU with their pants down and the catch and run TD to Wright was a hole in zone)

To me, this is Arthur Brown in a nutshell. Some people watch the tape and see the great plays he made where he guessed the right hole, went unblocked, and made a great play with his speed and athleticism. But I see the plays where he guessed wrong and hit the wrong hole, or got blocked out of the play, or let the receiver run right by him in coverage. He could make up for some of those bad things in college by being faster and tougher than everyone else, but that won't happen in the pro's.

It's about 50/50 good and bad, but the good things (pure speed, athleticism, toughness, effort) are things you can't really teach, while the bad things (unrefined instincts, too much guesswork, lack of physicality in zone coverage) are very teachable. Honestly, the Ray Lewis comparisons are really spot on, because people forget Ray was similarly a little bit better athlete than football player coming out of Miami. His instincts then were ahead of where Brown's are now, but he didn't really become the Bobby Fisher of football right away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Even if I was less bullish on him than many here, I love the Arthur Brown pick (didn't want him in the 1st, but right player right price--getting him in the low 2nd is great value). I'm not as excited by this tape as you guys though. I get that Brown had the 2 big plays that really sealed the game--the sack and the pick--but can you really say he "dominated" RGIII when Griffin went for 5 freaking TDs, 2 of which were into Brown's coverage? (I wouldn't put all the blame on Brown for either of them, the slant to Monk just caught KSU with their pants down and the catch and run TD to Wright was a hole in zone)

To me, this is Arthur Brown in a nutshell. Some people watch the tape and see the great plays he made where he guessed the right hole, went unblocked, and made a great play with his speed and athleticism. But I see the plays where he guessed wrong and hit the wrong hole, or got blocked out of the play, or let the receiver run right by him in coverage. He could make up for some of those bad things in college by being faster and tougher than everyone else, but that won't happen in the pro's.

It's about 50/50 good and bad, but the good things (pure speed, athleticism, toughness, effort) are things you can't really teach, while the bad things (unrefined instincts, too much guesswork, lack of physicality in zone coverage) are very teachable. Honestly, the Ray Lewis comparisons are really spot on, because people forget Ray was similarly a little bit better athlete than football player coming out of Miami. His instincts then were ahead of where Brown's are now, but he didn't really become the Bobby Fisher of football right away.
    :word