Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

Everyone in the building gets a ring and CAM will get one too. It was still his system that won
    it albeit some changes by Caldwell.

EVen the announcers got SB 35 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I dunno how many guys they have on the scouting staff...but would anyone be surprised if each & every one of them gets a ring from last year, even if Bisciotti has to pay out of his own pocket for them? Little things like that (equivalent to a $2k bonus IIRC, so in the greater scheme of things, it's little) will keep a good employee loyal forever. Our owner understands that better than anyone.
    Oh hell yeah. Scouts get rings for sure. You want them rockin' that hardware. UDFAs (since they have a choice of where they go) remember that stuff.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I just wish they could have moved up in the third round and landed Keenan Allen.Unless someone steps up bigtime time or they can acquire a solid vet the loss of Boldin could prove to be the most difficult to overcome for the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I dunno how many guys they have on the scouting staff...but would anyone be surprised if each & every one of them gets a ring from last year, even if Bisciotti has to pay out of his own pocket for them? Little things like that (equivalent to a $2k bonus IIRC, so in the greater scheme of things, it's little) will keep a good employee loyal forever. Our owner understands that better than anyone.
    I've never heard of an organization that doesn't, or wouldn't give rings to their scouts.

They are part of the front office football decision makers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Most of us knew Ozzie was going to do something special with 12 picks. This could turn out to be one of his best moments...time will tell. Just an all out strong effort that not only maximized the picks, but addressed a bunch of needs in the process. Nobody does it better, and that is why the Ravens have been the best team in football over the past five years.

What's the story on Kapron Lewis Moore? How good is this kid? Heard if he recoversfully that he has high upside.

Blog Entries

Only played 7 games in 2011 (knee)
    then tore ACL in R Knee in championship game loss to Alabama.
    Was a ND team captain, so Raven leadership check passed there.
    I view him as a shifting of one of our 10 picks from this year's roster to next year via PUP/IR
    Time will tell but we have a year to have him on the shelf.... so only 9 draft picks to worry about this year.
    The fact that he was picked in the 6th round, and 3 picks before we picked Ryan Jensen (OT) definitely says we wanted him even knowing he isn't going to compete right away. Definitely upside, would have gone much higher without the ACL, but we have to wait and see for now
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Hiney Ward dropped because of ACL after falling off a bike in the off season after a great
    collegiate career.

Ozzie took Patrick JOhnson leaving HIney on the board while PIss took a chance but PJ was
    Ozzie's man all along. Worked out well for them.