Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Kiper praises Ravens draft



    Said they filled vital needs with first two picks which isn't easy to do at #32.

    Arthur Brown could be streal of 2d round and the guy from Harvard was the best
    FB in the draft.

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...nfl-team-draft




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,136
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Kiper's a Baltimore boy, btw. Bet he's loving this.




  3. #3

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Said they filled vital needs with first two picks which isn't easy to do at #32.

    Arthur Brown could be streal of 2d round and the guy from Harvard was the best
    FB in the draft.

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...nfl-team-draft
    I mean we got two of the best prospects of the draft in the positions we needed. I think Kyle will add a lot of versatility to our offense. Can you imagine a formation with Ray, Bernard, Pitta, Kyle and Torrey Smith.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Kiper's a Baltimore boy, btw. Bet he's loving this.
    Others are saying the same thing like this one calling Ozzie's aggressive move up to
    get Brown very impressive and then he gets a lot of value here including WR
    Aaron Mellette whom a lot of people here are laughing at.

    http://nfl.si.com/2013/04/28/2013-nf...top-the-class/

    In fact, Ozzie stole Brown from Bengals which is why he used those extra late picks
    to trade up. They needed a fast ILB who could rush and cover and play special teams
    too.

    Brown could be the steal of 2d round.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-29-2013 at 01:38 AM.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    I think the Defense, even if they do lose Suggs next year, is set. They've got young guys everywhere. Haloti Ngata, Suggs, and Huff, IIRC, are going to be the only guys over 30 and I think they pretty much just turned 30.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #6

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Kiper is one of the best in the business. That guy watches tons of tapes and really does his homework. Mayock is also one of the best and they both say Bmore had a great draft. Before the Ravens selected Mellette Gil Brandt was talking him up saying he was comparable if not better than Quick who was selected in the 2nd round last year.

    I can understand Mellette struggling at the Senior Bowl. The 2nd hardest position in which to transition to a higher level is WR. QB being the first. He may end up being a steal because he struggled at the Senior Bowl. Won't help much this season but late round picks rarely do.

    Like most I was disappointed with Wagner pick but after reading some analysis I have softened my view. I did not realize that he was held in much higher regard the previous year and that his play regressed. Maybe the Ravens saw something in his Junior tape that they really liked and viewed him as a high value pick. I did go back and do a little research. Apparently he had a knee injury last year and that may have hampered him. He was a basketball player and fairly athletic coming in. Lets hope a year removed from the knee injury he shows some recovered athleticism and quickness.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    2,959

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Kiper's a Baltimore boy, btw. Bet he's loving this.
    Exactly!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,948
    Blog Entries
    1
    Heard him on Mike and Mike this morning. He said Ravens Bengals had the two best drafts. Just an opinion but good to hear
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Others are saying the same thing like this one calling Ozzie's aggressive move up to
    get Brown very impressive and then he gets a lot of value here including WR
    Aaron Mellette whom a lot of people here are laughing at.

    http://nfl.si.com/2013/04/28/2013-nf...top-the-class/

    In fact, Ozzie stole Brown from Bengals which is why he used those extra late picks
    to trade up. They needed a fast ILB who could rush and cover and play special teams
    too.

    Brown could be the steal of 2d round.
    He stole him from Houston, Houston was going to take him no doubt in my mind




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Houston and probably Denver wanted Brown. In Oz we trust. ;-)
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  11. #11

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the Defense, even if they do lose Suggs next year, is set. They've got young guys everywhere. Haloti Ngata, Suggs, and Huff, IIRC, are going to be the only guys over 30 and I think they pretty much just turned 30.
    Ngata doesn't turn 30 till the playoffs




  12. #12

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    I think we had a very good draft overall as my immediate expectations of rate-of-return always stop before round 5.
    Still, post-draft grades simply equal mouse-click revenue for media outlets. They aren't worth a damn thing to the franchises or the players.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

    Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

    Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Kiper is one of the best in the business. That guy watches tons of tapes and really does his homework. Mayock is also one of the best and they both say Bmore had a great draft. Before the Ravens selected Mellette Gil Brandt was talking him up saying he was comparable if not better than Quick who was selected in the 2nd round last year.

    I can understand Mellette struggling at the Senior Bowl. The 2nd hardest position in which to transition to a higher level is WR. QB being the first. He may end up being a steal because he struggled at the Senior Bowl. Won't help much this season but late round picks rarely do.

    Like most I was disappointed with Wagner pick but after reading some analysis I have softened my view. I did not realize that he was held in much higher regard the previous year and that his play regressed. Maybe the Ravens saw something in his Junior tape that they really liked and viewed him as a high value pick. I did go back and do a little research. Apparently he had a knee injury last year and that may have hampered him. He was a basketball player and fairly athletic coming in. Lets hope a year removed from the knee injury he shows some recovered athleticism and quickness.
    Wagner also had a change in QBs that might have hampered him too. He was invited
    to the SR Bowl as one of the best in the country, nothing to snot at.

    It would be funny if Mellette and Streeter became our best WRs in a couple of years.
    Streeter is so big and fast, if he develops, watch out. This could be two steals at the
    bottom of draft two years in a row. It would make up for taking DEMs WILLs while
    leaving Brandon Marshall on the board and taking Patrick Johnson while leaving
    Hiney Ward on the board even with a torn ACL after falling off a bike-lol.

    Cinci targeted Brown too. They f*cked up taking the TE instead of drafting either
    Cyprien or Elam when they were on the board. They don't value safeties that much.
    They already had Gresholm.

    Some are calling Brown the dpoy already.

    http://baltimore-ravens.rsspump.com/...r-arthur-brown
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-29-2013 at 10:40 AM.




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I mean we got two of the best prospects of the draft in the positions we needed. I think Kyle will add a lot of versatility to our offense. Can you imagine a formation with Ray, Bernard, Pitta, Kyle and Torrey Smith.
    The thing that I like most about Kyle is his versatility. He was one of their most productive receivers and has deceptively good hands. Having Rice, Bernard, and Kyle in the backfield will be a terror for offenses. Think the full house formation that Green Bay used to run.




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Kiper praises Ravens draft

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the Defense, even if they do lose Suggs next year, is set. They've got young guys everywhere. Haloti Ngata, Suggs, and Huff, IIRC, are going to be the only guys over 30 and I think they pretty much just turned 30.
    You can't not love this. Our O-Line and Secondary are probably the youngest positions on the team, where some of the best players on our team play. I'm really excited to watch KO and Gino this year.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland