Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: The OT situation

I like Monroe, but I can't see Jax letting him go, they have a shot at starting two great OTs, and its really rare in the NFL to have that. Basically Gabbert has absolutely ZERO excuses if he plays bad again this year (which I think he will anyway) when he has Blackmon, MJD, Lewis, and now two great tackles.

Blog Entries

If we don't sign a vet, we are going to be starting either Reid or Wagner at LG and possibly moving KO to LT. Believe it or not, I actually think Wagner would be pretty decent at guard, but its just KO at LT that I'm worried about. So in the end, I think the Ravens are going to do something, they've very very rarely gone into the season with that kind of inexperience on a key unit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we don't sign a vet, we are going to be starting either Reid or Wagner at LG and possibly moving KO to LT. Believe it or not, I actually think Wagner would be pretty decent at guard, but its just KO at LT that I'm worried about. So in the end, I think the Ravens are going to do something, they've very very rarely gone into the season with that kind of inexperience on a key unit.
    I think if Ozzie and Harbaugh were unsure about KO at LT, they'd make their move now.

It seems like they are comfortable enough to go with KO for Training Camp, and make a Willie Anderson type move late if it's not working out.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think if Ozzie and Harbaugh were unsure about KO at LT, they'd make their move now.

It seems like they are comfortable enough to go with KO for Training Camp, and make a Willie Anderson type move late if it's not working out.
    Over the next couple of weeks teams are going to start cutting vets. Then the mandatory mini-camp starts. That's the window where they will look to add a player or two. Other teams are doing the same thing. That's why the Redskins and Jets and others were re-structuring contracts right before the draft to open up space even though free agency is old and picked over. New players will be on the market soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Over the next couple of weeks teams are going to start cutting vets. Then the mandatory mini-camp starts. That's the window where they will look to add a player or two. Other teams are doing the same thing. That's why the Redskins and Jets and others were re-structuring contracts right before the draft to open up space even though free agency is old and picked over. New players will be on the market soon.
    What kind of players do you think will be available at WR and LT? I feel that they are our only holes at this point.

Blog Entries

Just throwing some names out, but Golden Tate, Nate Washington...

These are the current FA receivers:
    Randy Moss
    Early Doucet
    Josh Cribbs (failed a physical in AZ)
    Steve Breaston (Knee issues)
    Austin Collie (major concussion issues)
    Brandon Lloyd
    Braylon Edwards
    Laurent Robinson
    Devin Aromashodu
    Devery Henderson
    Brandon Stokely
    Deion Branch
    Donte Stallworth
    Ben Obamanu
    Ramses Barden
    Chaz Schillens
    Brandon Banks
    Ruvell Martin (STs Ace)
    Sammie Stroughter
    Seyi Ajirotutu

Not a real compelling list. If Josh Cribbs could pass a physical, he'd be intriguing. Ramses Barden and Chaz Schillens may be intriguing to take a flier on...Schillens looked like he was going to be pretty good in Oakland, but he kept getting hurt. Ramses Barden had that 1 incredible game last year for the Giants when he got a chance. But he never could get ahead on their depth chart.

I think the safest bet, regarding a FA receiver, is Brandon Stokely on a 1-year deal to come in and be the slot receiver. He knows the organization, he knows Ozzie, and he knows Jim Caldwell and Caldwell's offense. He'd be an asset in the film room for the receivers.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Has Nate Washington been cut yet?

Ramses Barden could be an interesting option, the dude is like 6'6.

Blog Entries

Ramses Barden = Tommy Streeter. I dont see the point in adding another project with the exact same skillset at this point, especially when the team has alluded to being very happy with his progression as a player.

If were going to add somebody, it would be a vet thats a sure bet of what were getting. you know what youre getting with stokely but hes also older and could fall off dramatically. not sure he fits that either. The list isnt very eye catching but im sure theres 1 or 2 that could be added and found a role for.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Has Nate Washington been cut yet?

Ramses Barden could be an interesting option, the dude is like 6'6.
    No, but considering they just drafted Justin Hunter and have Kendall Wright Jr and Kenny Britt, he may find himself on the chopping block.

Blog Entries

Sorry if this was posted but Ravens signed the Terps TE. Forget his name but he's pretty
    fast.

Blog Entries

It's going to be adjustments to the offensive system that makes up for the loss of Boldin, not the personnel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Sorry if this was posted but Ravens signed the Terps TE. Forget his name but he's pretty
    fast.
    Matt Furstenburg.

We're all pretty excited about him.