Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

Here are the 2012 stats, just for knowledge sake:

Tandon Doss: 7 catches, 18 targets, 123 yards, 17.6 ypc, 1 TD, 61 yac, 6 1st downs
    David Reed: 5 catches, 6 targets, 66 yards, 13.2 ypc, 0 TD, 22 yac, 2 1st downs
    Deonte Thompson: 5 catches, 6 targets, 51 yards, 10.2 ypc, 0 TD, 25 yac, 2 1st downs
    LaQuan Williams: 0 catches, 0 targets, 0 yards, 0 ypc, 0 TD, 0 yac, o 1st downs

Those are the guys from last season's roster for Flacco to throw to besides Smith, Jones, Pitta, Dickson. I did not include the running backs as receivers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Here are the 2012 stats, just for knowledge sake:

Tandon Doss: 7 catches, 18 targets, 123 yards, 17.6 ypc, 1 TD, 61 yac, 6 1st downs
    David Reed: 5 catches, 6 targets, 66 yards, 13.2 ypc, 0 TD, 22 yac, 2 1st downs
    Deonte Thompson: 5 catches, 6 targets, 51 yards, 10.2 ypc, 0 TD, 25 yac, 2 1st downs
    LaQuan Williams: 0 catches, 0 targets, 0 yards, 0 ypc, 0 TD, 0 yac, o 1st downs

Those are the guys from last season's roster for Flacco to throw to besides Smith, Jones, Pitta, Dickson. I did not include the running backs as receivers.
    A lot of those plays where Doss was in the game came against a defenses starting corner too. Being targeted also does not take into account the defender making a play on the pass nor does it take into consideration errant passes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

It's going to be a hell of a battle at camp. It will pan out, we have Flacco. If he lower some of those throws, these Wr's will make plays. Cam is gone, and it took me a little long then many to jump on the fire cam bandwagon. RSR was the reason for my eyes to be open wide. Thanks fellas. But really a new play caller is good enough for me. I'm not worried about the O at all. Yes I see the LT hole and maybe WR 3 hole , but a better gameplan can fix a lot. Remember the Pitt game at home, I for one felt Violated, the play calling was a joke. I do believe that game and a little of the wash game was it for him.

Doss , reed, Williams, melette, Thompson, and Streeter. Someone will step up, it's the ravens way. If asking me who, I sure doss is in front. But I'm pulling for William and Thompson to get that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    some posters in here are acting like the balls just hit him clean in the hands and bounced off. Those were very difficult plays
    I don't know what game you were watching, but what I saw was Doss missing two relatively easy shoulda-been TD passes which hit him in the hands, ala Randy Hymes. Just like Randy, I expect Tandon to have a very short stay in the NFL. He's not of NFL quality
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Only time will tell, its all speculation at this point and none of us know how its going to turn out.

Btw, Brandon Lloyd is still out there, any interest?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Only time will tell, its all speculation at this point and none of us know how its going to turn out.

If he came cheap I'm game for it
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

I don't think so.

He's going on his 8th team in 11 years. Many of them, including the one he just left were badly in need of WR's and made no effort to keep him.

Major red flags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think so.

He's going on his 8th team in 11 years. Many of them, including the one he just left were badly in need of WR's and made no effort to keep him.

Major red flags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Well he's been pretty productive over the last 3 seasons, I wouldn't mind him as a one year stop gap at all. He isn't Boldin, but you're pretty much insured with a solid number 2 receiver who's going to get you over 700 yards, and he is a very good route runner. Would be a great compliment to Torrey, and would allow Jacoby to play in the same role he did last season.

Blog Entries

Don't know if you guys have seen this but Torrey cut his dreads off. Damn he may never catch another pass

http://russellstreetreport.com/extre...smith-edition/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Austin Collie may also be a target because of the connections with Caldwell. The guy's concussions are a HUGE concern though.
    Collie is not going to find a team. Concussions are such a big worry now that no team will touch him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Collie is not going to find a team. Concussions are such a big worry now that no team will touch him.
    You're probably right.

Wonder if he's got any thoughts on being a receivers coach?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Don't know if you guys have seen this but Torrey cut his dreads off. Damn he may never catch another pass

http://russellstreetreport.com/extre...smith-edition/
    Just saw this! Glad he did it. I still remember that play against the Bengals when he would have outrun everyone to the end zone (splitting two Bengals defenders across the middle of the field, I believe) if he hadn't been caught from behind by his dreads.

Plus, from the feminine point of view ... he looks darn good without 'em! Nothing wrong with dreads at all, but the pics I saw on his Facebook were nice.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh