Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 109 to 119 of 119
  1. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Only time will tell, its all speculation at this point and none of us know how its going to turn out.

    Btw, Brandon Lloyd is still out there, any interest?

    Oy. My Patriot friends HATED Lloyd.

    Pass, please.




  2. #110

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Oy. My Patriot friends HATED Lloyd.

    Pass, please.
    They say why?
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  3. #111

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Lloyd beyond his diminishing stats was from all accounts not exactly a great locker room guy ....pass

    I think the Ravens are intent on looking at what they got and seeing what they can do and it makes sense. All the whining about moving Boldin is just silly. I love the guy but he was not a 6 million dollar player period the end. Beyond that it was unlikely the cap room is there to resign him after this upcoming season anyway. So why not see what your youth can do. They have had time to prepare. If they dont come through you address it in the next draft.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis




  4. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well he's been pretty productive over the last 3 seasons, I wouldn't mind him as a one year stop gap at all. He isn't Boldin, but you're pretty much insured with a solid number 2 receiver who's going to get you over 700 yards, and he is a very good route runner. Would be a great compliment to Torrey, and would allow Jacoby to play in the same role he did last season.
    You have to ask why a guy, for all the projected production keeps getting booted off teams more desperate for WR help than we are.

    Something isn't right and I'm not really willing to find out.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  5. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,227
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    They say why?
    The rumor is the guy was really difficult to get along with in the locker room, wasn't interested in really being a part of the team, and didn't like that he wasn't the focal point of the passing offense. Even with Josh McDaniels there he didn't put in the work during practices or film sessions and apparently he and Tommi Brady weren't real fond of each other.

    Nothing to substantiate that. Just what I heard/read on one of their forums.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The rumor is the guy was really difficult to get along with in the locker room, wasn't interested in really being a part of the team, and didn't like that he wasn't the focal point of the passing offense. Even with Josh McDaniels there he didn't put in the work during practices or film sessions and apparently he and Tommi Brady weren't real fond of each other.

    Nothing to substantiate that. Just what I heard/read on one of their forums.
    i think i remember hearing that as well. I know he did pretty well against us with both the Broncos AND the Pats. But I think he's going to be too diva-ish.

    Almost would be willing to wait out a current guy being cut post-draft.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  7. #115

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    i think i remember hearing that as well. I know he did pretty well against us with both the Broncos AND the Pats. But I think he's going to be too diva-ish.

    Almost would be willing to wait out a current guy being cut post-draft.
    I've read a blurb or two over the winter that his mood swings while with NE were so severe that folks were concerned that he was bi-polar (which is fine), and if so, was not on his meds (not fine).
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  8. #116

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Screw Lloyd. He is on the wrong side of 30, has "issues", and is a catch-and-fall guy that offers nothing after the catch.

    I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ozzie trade for a WR similar to how he did with Boldin and Evans. One worked out, one didn't. Boldin was in March, Evans in August.

    I saw some names listed as trade bait over the weekend, such as Johnathan Dwyer. Obviously he is a RB, I can't remember any WRs. It would either be a player for player deal or a pick from next year. We might be willing to part with a 4th since we will likely have a 4th rd. comp pick again.




  9. #117

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Screw Lloyd. He is on the wrong side of 30, has "issues", and is a catch-and-fall guy that offers nothing after the catch.

    I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ozzie trade for a WR similar to how he did with Boldin and Evans. One worked out, one didn't. Boldin was in March, Evans in August.

    I saw some names listed as trade bait over the weekend, such as Johnathan Dwyer. Obviously he is a RB, I can't remember any WRs. It would either be a player for player deal or a pick from next year. We might be willing to part with a 4th since we will likely have a 4th rd. comp pick again.
    I think a trade could definitely be in the works. The Eagles have denied that Maclin is on the trade block, but they might be "protesting too much." He's not a good fit for Chip Kelly's offense and they sound like they're not inclined to extend him in a contract year. Would a 2014 4th get the job done, and would the Ravens want to trade for a guy in a contract year?

    Golden Tate out in Seattle is also a candidate, I would think. They've locked up a ton of money in Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin, so they won't be extending Tate after his contract expires this year. They have plenty of depth with Doug Baldwin and newly-drafted Chris Harper waiting in the wings. I loved Tate coming out of Notre Dame and he'd be a good fit in this offense as a solid #2 across from Torrey. I'd make that trade for a 5th or so in a heartbeat.




  10. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think a trade could definitely be in the works. The Eagles have denied that Maclin is on the trade block, but they might be "protesting too much." He's not a good fit for Chip Kelly's offense and they sound like they're not inclined to extend him in a contract year. Would a 2014 4th get the job done, and would the Ravens want to trade for a guy in a contract year?

    Golden Tate out in Seattle is also a candidate, I would think. They've locked up a ton of money in Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin, so they won't be extending Tate after his contract expires this year. They have plenty of depth with Doug Baldwin and newly-drafted Chris Harper waiting in the wings. I loved Tate coming out of Notre Dame and he'd be a good fit in this offense as a solid #2 across from Torrey. I'd make that trade for a 5th or so in a heartbeat.
    I would be very pleased if the Ravens could swing a trade for Maclin. I am not as familiar with Tate though. All I know is that the Ravens cannot go into the season with the WRs they have right now. They need to add a quality starting caliber WR. I don't believe that Doss or Thompson are starting NFL WRs.




  11. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,346
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Oy. My Patriot friends HATED Lloyd.

    Pass, please.
    My brother who is a long time Pats fan can't stand Lloyd either. He told me that Lloyd got the coach he wanted, the big QB, nice money and all he did is whine.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland