Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: WR Situation -- How bad is it?

I don't trust any of our receivers except Torrey and Jacoby. We don't have a possession receiver on the roster. I'm glad our defense looks better on paper cuz our offense looks worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I don't trust any of our receivers except Torrey and Jacoby. We don't have a possession receiver on the roster. I'm glad our defense looks better on paper cuz our offense looks worse.
    That's because you are basing your assessment on the playoffs when we scored over 30 pts/game. We are two players (a possession WR and LT) from being the clear best team in the AFC. We might be there already with all this talent.

As far as not drafting a WR so far in this draft....what round do you think Tommy Streeter would have been in this current draft? Just a guess, but I would guess that, had he gone back to Miami for his senior year, he would have been a mid-to-late 3rd rounder.

I dont think Laquan ever really got a fair shake to show what he had. But I do remember seeing him grab stuff in tight areas in preseason. At least he holds on to the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    I dont think Laquan ever really got a fair shake to show what he had. But I do remember seeing him grab stuff in tight areas in preseason. At least he holds on to the ball.
    I watched Laquan for four years at UMD and while he dealt with injury issues his sophomore year he never showed enough to indicate that he could be a starting WR at the college level, let alone in the NFL. I like him a lot and like what he brings to the team as a ST player, but anybody expecting much out of him as a WR is likely to be disappointed

I think Deonte Thompson can be to Torrey Smith what Antonio Brown was to Mike Wallace.

Blog Entries
    It's not bad but they're not done
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Huh?

He started multiple games in 2010 and suffered badly with drops.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Huh?

He started multiple games in 2010 and suffered badly with drops.
    Well, he was still at Maryland in 2010, and he has never started a game in his career. So...

Could a post-draft trade go down?

The Ravens will have a plethora of 2014 picks, considering they will again get 4 compensatories. Would Seattle be willing to part with Golden Tate or Sidney Rice for a 2014 3rd or 4th rounder? How about the Eagles with Jeremy Maclin, who looks like a poor fit for Chip Kelly's offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    I think Deonte Thompson can be to Torrey Smith what Antonio Brown was to Mike Wallace.
    If only being a WR in our offense was predicated entirely on being fast and staying with our QB as he scrambles around in the pocket...

I think this is the most "average" set of WRs beyond #2 which we have seen since the 2000's.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    Well, he was still at Maryland in 2010, and he has never started a game in his career. So...
    My bad 2011.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

BY DEFAULT --- T DOSS THE JOB IS YOURS

Maybe we get lucky and a decent Vet gets cut .?,?

WE PAY JOE 100 MILLION and then don't get him any weapons : (

I would have taken Ertz 6'6 TE at 32 or traded up in round 3 for best available play maker

I wouldn't trade any of our top 3 picks for any of the WRs that we're available at the time we picked.

I DO wish that Quinton Patton had not gone to San Francisco right before us, because I do believe he would have been the pick there.

I would still like to see Da'Rick Rogers as the 7th round pick (or be brought in via the undrafted FA market) because he had the skill-set to produce at the NFL level. Obviously it is his off-the-field issues that has caused the entire league to stay away...but we all saw first-hand what Burfict did in Cincinnati last year after being bypassed multiple times by every team.

As a very late pick / undrafted player, there is no risk. It's like taking a shot on Rolando McClain. There is no downside to giving a talented player a chance to turn it around when your resources are not involved.

What do you guys think of Ramses Barden? Physical, young possession receiver that could compliment Smith.

I have no confidence in Jones hands or route running. If Doss was the answer we would've seen flashes of that by now. Of all the young guys, Thompson is the one I like. He has shown promise and play making ability IMO.