Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Juszczyk

Blog Entries

Re: Kyle Juszczyk

i think people need to see that video above a few more times...we still need that

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    He can't block like this!!! Selective Amnesia
    It's a luxury.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    i think people need to see that video above a few more times...we still need that
    No doubt. I think he can level some LBs but if he can't yet, then we need Leach. I personally believe it's Harbs moreso than the OC who wants the ability to pound and ground when it's needed. He has made statements about sustaining long drives and getting those 3rd and short conversions. I believe a FB will continue to be part of the offense but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

and leach can catch the ball out the backfield, haven't seen him drop one yet.

Blog Entries

I think everyone agrees Leach is awesome and a great Raven, but the fact remains when he is in the game our offense is very predictable. Kj adds some unpredictability to the offense if he is on the field.

Interesting to see what the Ravens have planned for both leach and kj

Blog Entries

Another option would be to have Juice replace the Bajema role; blocking TE, special teams, occasionally spell Leach, etc. as they bring him along. There's room for Leach + Juice if they want them both on the team

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Another option would be to have Juice replace the Bajema role; blocking TE, special teams, occasionally spell Leach, etc. as they bring him along. There's room for Leach + Juice if they want them both on the team
    this is how i see his role right now until he shows more, I think the kid is player and we know he's smart, i guess it depends what the coaches have planned in terms of where they are going on offense this year, under Cam, Leach was hardly used, we got very heavy dynamic backfield with two damn good home run hitters..Ravens backfield strikes fear in opposing defenses.

Blog Entries

I absolutely love Leach as a player and in the lockerroom, but paying a fullback with another now on the roster $4.3 million isn't going to happen. I hope they keep him at the going rate for his position of around $2 million. I think Leach is a great player and a very good WR and does everything well. But, his price is too high. With his cap reduction (if he accepts an offer a shaves 2 million off) + Pollards cap releif in June gives the Ravens close to $5 million in cap releif to go with the room they have now= about $8 million total, you can do some things with that. Plus, now after the draft some more players on rosters that carry a higher price tag or have been replaced can hit the market and now a new market has been created. Still like to see McKinnie/Starks at LT (what we have on the roster wont cut it), and like to add a veteran CB or S for depth, and possible WR could now emerge. I wouldn't mind adding SS/CB Charles Woodson for a year or two to show the ropes to Elam and Jimmy Smith, the guy can still play and probably at this point only wants to play for a winner. I stlll would like to see Dansby on a two year deal as well. I am not ready to turn the keys over to a rookie and rely on both McClains.

Baltimore Sun:

Leach a cap casualty?

If I were Ravens fullback Vonta Leach, I'd be a little nervous these days.

Once the Ravens cut special teams ace Brendon Ayanbadejo, Leach became the next man up, so to speak. If the Ravens need salary cap room, they might ask him to take a pay cut or cut him. Leach is expected to make $3 million in salary this season and count $4.33 million against the cap.

and leach can catch the ball out the backfield, haven't seen him drop one yet.
    Amen. I understand the concern about the hit keeping Leach takes, hopefully this guy gives us some leverage to cut a chunk of change and keep him one more year. Keep him around, throw this guy in occasionally, and have Juice (is this his nickname?? Juuuuuuiiiicceeee!) ready for the future. The guy looks great.

I think Leach is here to stay, unless a guy like Jason Peters is cut. That would be a good use of the cap savings.

IMO, this guy isn't a threat to Leach or Dickson.

He's another "tweener" and will lilkely take the spot of Billy Bajema.

He'll play special teams and give us some more versatillity on offense as a fb/te.

He's not as good on pass pro in the pocket, because he's a tad smaller and gets bullied backwards like most runnign backs do.

But he's got good feet and can stick a block if he's at TE. He also hits the hole quick, and gets to the second level well and can catch the ball if he comes out of the backfield.

Like this pick.

Joe Linta is his agent. not really important but i find it interesting.