Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Day 3 BPA's by position

As good as this draft has been, day 3 is the time for Oz to shine with 2 picks in the 4th, 1 in the 5th, 2 in the 6th and 7th too. Given how rare it is for a 7th or even a 6th rounder to make much of an impact on our team I hope the Ravens package its tradeable picks and move up in the 4th or at worst 5th.

On to the players- let;'s hear what you think of these guys: camp fodder, sleeper, what positions do we most need still, who should we target??

Offense- yes we have an offense!

OL- Barrett Jones, Brian Schwenke, Oday Aboushi, Jordan Mills, Reid Fragel, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner, J.C. Tretter, Chris Faulk, David Quessenberry, Travis Bond, Xavier Nixon, Luke Marquardt, DAVID BAKHTIARI

WR- Quinton Patton, Da'Rick Rogers, Denard Robinson, Ryan Swope, Ace Sanders, Josh Boyce, Kenny Stills, Mark Harrison, Marquess Wilson, Chris Harper, Cobi Hamilton, Conner Vernon

TE- Dion Sims, Michael Williams, Ryan Otten, Nick Kasa, Levine Toilolo, Joseph Fauria, Ryan Griffin

Defense-

CB- Jordan Poyer, B.W. Webb, Mike Edwards, Tharold Simon, Steve Williams, Adrian Bushell

S- Shamarko Thomas, Tony Jefferson, Earl Wolff, Bacarri Rambo, Duke Williams, Phillip Thomas, John Boyett

DT- Jesse Williams, Akeem Spence, Kwame Geathers, T.J. Barnes, Everett Dawkins

DE-Alex Okafor, William Gholston, Joe Kruger, Malliciah Goodman, Quanterus Smith, John Simon, Michael Buchanan, Mike Catapano

ILB- Khaseem Greene, Kevin Reddick, A.J. Klein, Steve Beauharnais

OLB- Chase Thomas, Jelani Jenkins, Gerald Hodges, Cornelius Washington, Sean Porter, Trevardo Williams
    Last edited by ursula; 04-27-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Day 3 BPA's by position

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    As good as this draft has been, day 3 is the time for Oz to shine with 2 picks in the 4th, 1 in the 5th, 2 in the 6th and 7th too. Given how rare it is for a 7th or even a 6th rounder to make much of an impact on our team I hope the Ravens package its tradeable picks and move up in the 4th or at worst 5th.

On to the players- let;'s hear what you think of these guys: camp fodder, sleeper, what positions do we most need still, who should we target??

Offense- yes we have an offense!

OL- Barrett Jones, Brian Schwenke, Oday Aboushi, Jordan Mills, Reid Fragel, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner, J.C. Tretter, Chris Faulk, David Quessenberry, Travis Bond

ADDITION: DAVID BAKHTIARI

WR- Quinton Patton, Da'Rick Rogers, Denard Robinson, Ryan Swope, Ace Sanders, Josh Boyce, Kenny Stills, Mark Harrison, Marquess Wilson, Chris Harper, Cobi Hamilton

TE- Dion Sims, Michael Williams, Ryan Otten, Nick Kasa, Levine Toilolo, Joseph Fauria, Ryan Griffin

Defense-

CB- Jordan Poyer, B.W. Webb, Mike Edwards, Tharold Simon, Steve Williams, Adrian Bushell

S- Shamarko Thomas, Tony Jefferson, Earl Wolff, Bacarri Rambo, Duke Williams, Phillip Thomas, John Boyett

DT- Jesse Williams, Akeem Spence, Kwame Geathers, T.J. Barnes, Everett Dawkins

DE-Alex Okafor, William Gholston, Joe Kruger, Malliciah Goodman, Quanterus Smith, John Simon, Michael Buchanan, Mike Catapano

ILB- Khaseem Greene, Kevin Reddick, A.J. Klein, Steve Beauharnais

OLB- Chase Thomas, Jelani Jenkins, Gerald Hodges, Cornelius Washington, Sean Porter, Trevardo Williams
    Lots of good players left man. This draft is crazy.

Worked out pretty great for us so far. Would like to see us take two O lineman, a WR, a TE and a pass rusher on day 3. Patton would be ideal but we'd have to trade up, and it looks like Oz and the guys aren't worried enough about WR to waste more than one pick on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Lots of good players left man. This draft is crazy.
    Thanks for adding Bakhtiari!! He'd be a nice pick.

Hell, the way this draft is going I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up with Rogers, Fragel, Jesse Williams, and Swope.

EDIT: And Okafor.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Nice compilation. I'd add Conner Vernon to the WR list and Xavier Nixon and Luke Marquardt to the OL list.

Really like Toilolo, Barrett Jones, Rambo, Patton, Swope, and Gerald Hodges.

"Offense- yes we have an offense!

OL- Barrett Jones, Brian Schwenke, Oday Aboushi, Jordan Mills, Reid Fragel, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner, J.C. Tretter, Chris Faulk, David Quessenberry, Travis Bond

ADDITION: DAVID BAKHTIARI"

Oz and his men have done very well so far, but we need reinforcements on the OL. I'd like to see us use our 5th/6th/7th picks to move up to get at least one OT and one C/G. Barrett Jones? GREAT 3rd round pick! Aboushi, Faulk, Quessenberry? Decent depth -- at worst. Build from the lines up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Nice compilation. I'd add Conner Vernon to the WR list and Xavier Nixon and Luke Marquardt to the OL list.

Really like Toilolo, Barrett Jones, Rambo, Patton, Swope, and Gerald Hodges.
    Added! Thanks for the additions.

I'm thinking we take Da'Rick Rogers with our next pick :)

If the first 3 picks were anything to go by, Rogers isn't on the Ravens draft board. High character seems more important to them, no matter how talented he is. Maybe now as we get later in the draft they will be more open to risks, but I look at it as a similar situation to Burfict last year. Ravens fans were hoping for him in basically every late round, but in the end he went undrafted, and even there they weren't interested.

Okafor is the BPA in my opinion. Doubt he makes it much farther, but you have to wonder if we go with another defensive player if he still is.

Okafor
    Swope
    Barrett Jones
    Patton
    Rodgers

My top 5 wish list

My top three are:

Swope- 6'0 tall, runs a 4.34, catches everything near him and blocks. I forget who mentioned him in the draft thread, but now I'm firmly on the Swope bandwagon. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ope?id=2539323

Fragel- Developmental tackle. Former TE still learning the position but good upside. Another player mentioned in the draft thread I had to look up.

Barrett Jones- Outland award winner at LT. Rimmington award winner at center. Started at guard. Probably won't dominate in the NFL due to lack of strength, but a solid player who understands and loves football. A starter at guard and solid depth at every position on the line.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock