Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Matt Barkley to the Ravens?

Do you think Ozzie will continue to work his magic and draft the best available quarterback?

Re: Matt Barkley to the Ravens?

Only if he fell to a comp pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    Only if he fell to a comp pick.
    Since Terron Armstrong was picked already, I see an urgency to select a backup QB as I feel that any tackle we take with our third round pick would be a reach. It is vital that we draft Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    Since Terron Armstrong was picked already, I see an urgency to select a backup QB as I feel that any tackle we take with our third round pick would be a reach. It is vital that we draft Barkley.

I was thinking Barkley but .... figured insanity had kicked in.

If we draft a backup QB it's got to be a guy with arm strength. Our whole offense is built around the deep ball. Torrey and Jacoby are almost useless with a guy like Barkley who can't chuck it downfield.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

I've been wrong too many times to count, but I just don't see Ozzie taking a QB until at least the 5th. If Barkley somehow is still there then it's a possibility. I wouldn't count on it even in the 5th through 7th though. If Ozzie hasn't taken another QB (other then camp arms) in the last few years, I doubt he'll take one this year with Tyrod having yet another year in the system. I tend to agree with those saying we should develop another QB because sooner or later Joe will get dinged up but I just don't think the Ravens see it that way. There is too much prior history saying they won't get a third QB, at least a third QB the Ravens will carry on the roster.

Simplify, simplify: if we do NOT strengthen our OL, we BETTER take a QB, because we'll need him when Joe goes down.

I'd be surprised if we don't start picking for the offense now. We will have a decent #2 receiver available for the next pick to replace Boldin. No one is as good at fighting for the ball as him, but we can certainly get someone faster and who can do a better job of separating. Boldin had TE speed when he was a rookie. Expect big Mac returning or maybe Starks. We are solid across the line otherwise.

Paging Bryant McKinnie to the contract office...

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Simplify, simplify: if we do NOT strengthen our OL, we BETTER take a QB, because we'll need him when Joe goes down.
    Yea, Joe has shown himself to be pretty fragile, missing all those games over the years. If only we had traded up and nabbed Geno Smith I could sleep easier.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yea, Joe has shown himself to be pretty fragile, missing all those games over the years. If only we had traded up and nabbed Geno Smith I could sleep easier.
    Lol, we need to draft WR and OL help, otherwise we are stout. Getting a quarterback incapable of leading us in the playoffs is wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood.

Blog Entries

Tyler Bray is the only QB in the draft with the arm talent to be worth having around to back up Flacco.

Problem is he's a total screwball. :insane:

Unless the Ravens see something useful in this guy that they think they can work with, my prediction is that the Ravens will take no QB this draft.