Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Arthur brown

Re: Arthur brown

All I have to say is, Manti Te'o who? This dude is going to be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post
    Does anyone else think Brown is going to have ridiculous stats next year behind our beast D-Line?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the DROTY comes from the Ravens. It's usually a S or ILB and we have two of the best, in great positions to succeed, with high visibility considering who they are "replacing" and the fact we are defending champs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pcook4012 View Post
    All I have to say is, Manti Te'o who? This dude is going to be fun to watch.
    Burning question for all Ravens opponents:

What can Brown do to you?

This year & for many to come...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the DROTY comes from the Ravens. It's usually a S or ILB and we have two of the best, in great positions to succeed, with high visibility considering who they are "replacing" and the fact we are defending champs.
    I agree. I'm really, really excited about these guys.

Blog Entries

SI's Peter King reports LB Arthur Brown was "going to be" the Texans' pick at No. 57 before the Ravens traded up to get him.
    Per King, the Broncos also had interest in Brown at No. 58. Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome had to give up the No. 165 and 199 picks to move up just six spots, but it will be well worth it if Brown steps into a starting role as a rookie. Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris considered Brown a top-10 overall talent.

I went back and read an interesting quote from Randy Shannon at the start of spring practice at U of Miami in 2009. Shannon was Browns' then-head coach after he was coming off a disappointing freshman year at the U.

Sophomore Arthur Brown has moved from outside to inside linebacker. Brown struggled last year despite being the team's top-rated recruit, but Shannon said he began flourishing in the new role toward the end of last season.

"It takes time," Shannon said. "The last two weeks of the season he was phenomenal at
    middle linebacker on scout team. Like Ray Lewis, when he first got
    here he was outside and he wasn't very good. When we put him in the
    middle, it was just different. Tavares Gooden played outside all those
    years and you put him at middle and he had a big year. For some reason,
    guys just see it at better."
    Interesting to see the comparison and how they switched from OLB. All three were considered phenomenal at sideline-to-sideline coverage. Gooden was asked to be an OLB in Baltimore and never really cut it. Didn't seem to have the instincts to be in the right spot.

Here's hoping Brown's career is more like Lewis's than Gooden's.

Blog Entries

I think he will get a lot more sacks than people expect with his speed on blitzes, with Suggs and Dumerville on the outside. He is a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    I think he will get a lot more sacks than people expect with his speed on blitzes, with Suggs and Dumerville on the outside. He is a good fit.
    Agreed. His speed is no joke and if he learns to time the blitzes well, he could be an absolute terror for opposing guards and centers. I think Elam and Brown help our pass rush out a lot considering their blitzing ability. Elam's timing on his blitzes reminds me a lot of #43.

Blog Entries

Arthur Brown is going to, particularly, going to need to be kept clean his first year or two. He is not going to be able to hit and shed blockers right away. However, behind this defensive line, he should really be able to rack up the tackles.

Terrell Suggs and Courtney Upshaw will be setting the edge. The defensive front will be some three man combination of Canty, Jones, Ngata and Williams. They are going to have a thumper beside him and the secondary is going to be decent.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore