Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Ravens Rap(as heard on 98 rock this morning)

OK fess up, who gave the kids from essex a mic? My dog is a better lyricist.
    Cockeysville isnt quite essex yet ;)

Re: Ravens Rap(as heard on 98 rock this morning)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'm no rap enthusiast, but that cut at least didn't make me nauseous the way that Rob Long show intro does.

R-O B-O L-O N-G...... R-O B-O L-O N-G....
    If you like that ravens "song" and you don't like the Rob Long rap than...well, stick to Achey Breaky Heart and Rascal Flatts...

3. Re: Ravens Rap(as heard on 98 rock this morning)

I like the way that the gangster from Parkville is giving everyone the definitive rap opinion. Uhmmm sir Parkville is not the ghetto. Please stop your making a fool of yourself also like Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Storm View Post
    I like the way that the gangster from Parkville is giving everyone the definitive rap opinion. Uhmmm sir Parkville is not the ghetto. Please stop your making a fool of yourself also like Bob.
    It doesn't take a rap mogul to call garbage when they see it. Just because I live in Parkville doesn't mean that's where I grew up.

The fact is the rap is garbage. It doesn't flow well. The rhymes are horrible. The beat is mediocre at best and was probably found on some lame computer program. I was trying not to be harsh before, but the beastie boys they are not and never will be.

Post the "song" at allhiphop.com and see how it gets ripped to shreds.

It's a good effort, and hell I like the Ravens too but, what can ya say.

5. Re: Ravens Rap(as heard on 98 rock this morning)

thats like your opinion man... keep in mind this was written and completed 2 hours after the game was finished. Are the rhymes really that bad? I wrote the first half and the hook so Im cant take credit/blame for the second half.

The beat is original and was composed using Reason.

But yeah all feedback is appreciated because after talking to the people at 98 rock it seems like they want us to do more if the ravens keep winning.

p.s.

Rap is not about the ghetto or trying to be hard... its merely another genre of music. I sing in a hardcore band so its not even my forte... maybe ill do a hard rock version to appease everyone else ;)

It's not that bad I guess. It might be more the voice than the rhymes. I think if you gave the lyrics to someone with a good voice for rap would sound better. Change a few words in the first verse to make it flow better and it wouldn't be that bad.

The second verse though...didn't really like any of it.

It was a good effort and I like the enthusiasm, again I really didn't want to sound too harsh.