Thread: Geno Smith

Blog Entries

Geno Smith

Already displaying a very fragile shell...

Was shown getting up and leaving in disappointment with 3 more picks left in Round 1. Announced he would NOT come back for tomorrow, and would just head home. Won't really talk about it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...riday/related/
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Already displaying a very fragile shell...

Was shown getting up and leaving in disappointment with 3 more picks left in Round 1. Announced he would NOT come back for tomorrow, and would just head home. Won't really talk about it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...riday/related/
    I agree with this and it was my immediate thought when he said he wasn't returning tonight.

It all looks childish.

He should show up tonight...I mean it's not like he won't get picked as opposed to yesterday.

If he only wanted to be there if he was going to be a first round pick, he shouldn't have come at all...his agent should have advised him that this could happen and give him better advise as to how to handle this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I agree the guy looked self absorbed and a sore loser all night with every pick that went by without being him.

Blog Entries

Re: Geno Smith

Yea, they were talking about that on Scott's show today. he had former pro on from Bmore
    and said he has to cool it. It's something he has no control over so get it together. Teams
    are watching.

This guy was from Woodlawn High and went undrafted with Buffalo and played 8 years
    while other safeties drafted were out of football in 2 or 3 years. Only 1 guy in his draft
    class played longer.

Well I predict that he gets good use out of Stephen Hill and Santonio that Sanchez could not. Rex could by himself some time as well with this move.

Blog Entries

I'm guessing Rex called him and stroked his ego a bit, telling him they were going to draft him for sure, stay in town since we'll be bringing you in anyway, and not at all chiding him for acting like a baby.

On the other hand, Lacy did the same thing. Now, Lacy also fell a LOT longer, but no one said jack shit about him doing that.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

If I could have picked a team for him to go to in order to generate the biggest soap opera potential, it would be the Jets. I'll be laughing and feeling sorry for the kid at the same time.

Sanchez must be a complete basket case by now.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Then, to hear him speak after he was selected, left me thinking that this guy is going to crack before season's end.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Then, to hear him speak after he was selected, left me thinking that this guy is going to crack before season's end.
    Wouldn't surprise me. He's got a lot of unfair pressure on him
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66