Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Is this the worst draft ever?

Quote Originally Posted by SuggsKill View Post
    If it's not the worst, it's one of the most boring.
    I think it's because there aren't any top notch QBs in play here. When 3 of the first 4 picks are LTs, then it seems dull. I believe this draft class works in the Ravens favor because there aren't that many STARs, but more middle-of-the-road choices. This plays well into Ozzie's hands, and I think his Elam choice will prove to be as good as many players chosen earlier... Bc

Its not a great fantasy draft. Consensus is all the QB's are projects and there are no RB's that people will put in as immediate #1's. There is no WR in the Megatron or even AJ Green category that physically makes you go "damn, they will be top 3 at the position within 2 years."

Some of these guys will surprise us though.

Blog Entries

The 20's were WAAAAAAY more exciting than the previous picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    wow, I thought the first round was great. Don't like them milking it for 10 minutes when "the pick is in" is displaying but otherwise...
    Thought the same thing. The pick is in showing for what seemed like 5 min. and them yapping around it. Maybe gave them time to letter the jersey's for each player....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    I am with you, to much fluff and stuff. I find it very boring, and every player is great and a good fit bullshit-outside of what Dallas did and Buffalo. I like when they did the draft on Saturdays-Sundays with less marketing. I just tape it and flip to the picks. Went fishing instead of watching the media borefest. Plus, this draft is one of the worst drafts from a talent perspective.
    The Saturday-Sunday format was much better, I thought. I realize they have to fill time, but now they're just milking it and creating more delays. And I really could not believe they went on with the Boston tribute thing despite the Pats trading out of the pick -- could they not have saved it till when the Patriots actually did pick? A moment of silence and maybe an ovation for some of the first responders -- at the outset of the draft, before it started -- would have probabbly worked out a lot better.

It'll be hard to tell how good it is for a few years. Some drafts look great and ending up not yielding much, but sometimes the opposite is true. You may think this is one is "boring" but I love drafts where there are no "can't miss" prospects, because those are the ones where the best GMs usually come out on top.

I love the unpredictability of this draft. The potential exists the Ravens could end up with a guy that some people slotted in the first at 62 or a little earlier if they move up. Kinda makes me excited to see guys go off the board especially when they are player who would not be on our radar per say
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

And in other news - grass is growing and paint is drying!

Yawn

iggyman555 Guest

Its hard to excited when top talent is not associated with your team. At 32 we were going to get a good solid player. Not a superstar that we can all pull for like a Kyle Boller ;)
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

If it's not the worst, it's one of the most boring.
    I don't know. I guess I would have liked to see some transcendent talent.
    :grbac::grbac::grbac::grbac:
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...