Page 4 of 209 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What time is it? DRAFT time! -- The RSR 2013 NFL Draft Thread

I'm not sold on Austin. The small receiver game doesn't really translate well to the NFL.

They don't all have to be 6'3, 220 pounds, but "smurf" receivers have historically not been great.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Austin to NYJ would be a national tragedy...
    It would really suck for him.

For Austin's sake, I hope that doesn't happen. I'd rather see him go to Buffalo or something. The Jets are a friggin mess and are going to be for at least another 2-3 years.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I love the fact the draft has become a prime time event.

The red carpet stuff? Not so much
    No doubt. I can't imagine how aggravated Melissa Stark must be that they put her on that assignment. She's smoking hot, but she's one of the most talented female sports reporters out there...to be put on the red carpet duty like she's Joan Rivers is an insult.

If they could manage to trade the 13 th pick for a future first though they could actually get a good QB next year though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I'm not sold on Austin. The small receiver game doesn't really translate well to the NFL.

They don't all have to be 6'3, 220 pounds, but "smurf" receivers have historically not been great.
    Wes Welker? Lance Moore? Steve Smith? DeSean Jackson?

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but I think in the right offense, Tavon Austin could be a very dangerous player.

That said, whoever does draft him is going to have to find ways to get him the ball because he's not going to win many contested passes and he is used to getting the ball in space.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    No doubt. I can't imagine how aggravated Melissa Stark must be that they put her on that assignment. She's smoking hot, but she's one of the most talented female sports reporters out there...to be put on the red carpet duty like she's Joan Rivers is an insult.
    She was never putting rich out of that job he's doing though. And they wouldn't have a non ex footballer doing the analysis

My God Austin is small.

I knew he was small but not THAT small.

Watching Green Room intros and they have Austin standing between Ansah and Sheldon Richardson lol .....
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

For the love of god Cordarrele Patterson has the butt fugliest suit ever lol
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

New York heavy crowd boos the top prospects.

Classy.

Geno Smith sounds like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wes Welker? Lance Moore? Steve Smith? DeSean Jackson?

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but I think in the right offense, Tavon Austin could be a very dangerous player.

That said, whoever does draft him is going to have to find ways to get him the ball because he's not going to win many contested passes and he is used to getting the ball in space.
    DeSean Jackson has two years of over a thousand yards, Lance Moore only has one.

Yeah, the system has a lot to do with it. Welker wasn't very impressive until he got to the Pats and their version of the run and shoot.

Steve Smith is just an absolute beast. I don't care how tall that guy is, I'd sign him in a heart-beat.

There are other guys out there under 6'0 who've made names for themselves. If I had a chance to nab Austin in the second round, yeah I'd do it. I just think that first rounders should be bell-cow players, and there aren't many of those at receiver who are under 6'0.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock