Blog Entries

DraftCountdown Final Mock

So, let me set this up...up until this year, DraftCountdown has been my go to site for mock drafts. They were pretty quiet this year though, so I have been mainly watching WalterFootball instead.

They just posted their final mock. Ogletree goes #32 to us. Terron Armstead goes in Round 3 (They have us taking Quinton Patton at 64, I think we'd jump on Armstead there instead).

The shocker to me? Landry Jones is our 3rd round pick.

W T F?????

#1, no way we go as high as 3rd round on a QB unless it is hammer to the face obvious value, like Nassib, Manuel, or Geno Smith being there

#2, isn't Landry Jones slated as a 6th or 7th round value?

I think I'm done with them...http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-3.php
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: DraftCountdown Final Mock

Every verbal critique I've ever heard on Landry includes something like..."when the pocket gets dirty, his mechanics and progressions go to hell".
    Obviously, not a direct quote lol
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Every verbal critique I've ever heard on Landry includes something like..."when the pocket gets dirty, his mechanics and progressions go to hell".
    Obviously, not a direct quote lol
    I heard that as well. He's got big school experience, but seems to be a "messy" pocket passer. Vs there are a few other late round QBs that are maybe not as high ceiling, but a little more composed.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So, let me set this up...up until this year, DraftCountdown has been my go to site for mock drafts. They were pretty quiet this year though, so I have been mainly watching WalterFootball instead.

They just posted their final mock. Ogletree goes #32 to us. Terron Armstead goes in Round 3 (They have us taking Quinton Patton at 64, I think we'd jump on Armstead there instead).

The shocker to me? Landry Jones is our 3rd round pick.

W T F?????

#1, no way we go as high as 3rd round on a QB unless it is hammer to the face obvious value, like Nassib, Manuel, or Geno Smith being there

#2, isn't Landry Jones slated as a 6th or 7th round value?

I think I'm done with them...http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-3.php
    RavenScallywag I am on the same page as you. I have used Draftcountdown in the past as well, but this year there has been very little in information. In fact I gave up a few weeks ago on the site. Now I have been looking at draftscout for god info on the draftable players.