Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

If you could choose 3 surprise 1st round picks...

Who would they be and why?

Here are mine:

The Eagles take EJ Manuel with the 4th overall pick.
    * Supposedly Chip Kelly really likes Manuel's skill set. He's big, fast, intelligent, and has an underrated arm. He'd be a good fit for Kelly's offense.

Houston drafts Mike Glennon with their 1st round pick.
    * They need a receiver, but there are some nice receiver prospects all the way down into the 5th round. QB? Not so much. Matt Schaub has difficulties staying healthy and doesn't seem to rise to the occasion. Glennon as a 1st round arm and would be great insurance for the Texans.

Cleveland takes Tavon Austin with the 6th overall pick.
    * The Browns signed Paul Kruger and Desmond Bryant, but didn't make any big time splashes offensively. Norv Turner could influence this pick as could Chudzinski. Both are offensive guys and Tavon Austin's big-play-ability could remind Norv of Darren Sproles and that is the type of player that Cleveland hasn't had in a very long time. He also replaces what they lost in Joshua Cribbs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: If you could choose 3 surprise 1st round picks...

I've seen Austin mocked at 8 to Buffalo (I think that was Mayock but who knows anymore...) so it's not crazy to think we could end up at 6 as well.

I would like EJ manual to wind up in Arizona. I don't know about their first pick, but at least come back to first round at worst #32 to get him. Larry needs a arm and Palmer isn't it.

If Ozzie make a rise to say, 16 , to get Star or Austin if they are there. Either one could make a deep playoff run much stronger to defend the title, in my eyes. Flacco would another weapon, or Star and Ngata in the middle, that's a ravens middle that is beastly!!

Also I hope the Jags pick Geno, that would start the move on QB's and the reaching start. The more QB's the better we can get another Raven that falls. Rather we trade up or down, that first Raven will be a Raven that helps.

I think the Chiefs will select Austin with the number one pick. I think the Ravens will draft a defesive tackle, either Jesse Williams will drop or they'll trade up to mid-round if Star Lotulelei drops. San Fran will take Zach Ertz.

No QBs get taken in the first round.

Blog Entries

The crazy things I think are possible.

The Browns select Geno Smith a make the statement that those who run the team now will not be influenced because of the mistakes that franchise has made in the past.

The Bills select Tavon Austin because they really do like Kolb and want to give him more weapons than they gave Fitzpatrick.

Dion Jordan slides a little. Teams look past the workout numbers and decide that he's more of a project than many think. The slide stops when he gets to the Rams because Jeff Fisher can't pass up the super athletic defensive player.

Blog Entries

Lane Johnson falls past Arizona and Ravens move up ahead of Chargers to get him (I don't think it will happen, but that would be my wild pick).

Blog Entries

this draft i think theres going to be a lot of "surprises" because there isnt that much elite talent which makes them more comparable. Good thread topic, but outside the top 5 I think just about anything can happen. Austin in the top 10 I think would be a surprise. I still dont think hes worthy of a 1st rounder. Teo going in the 1st is another id say isnt good value but i could see him going top 25. I think Nassib ends up going in the 1st as well, possibly some team trading with us to jump the Chiefs.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Geno Smith to Browns
    Ryan Nassib to Bills
    Tyler Eifert to Jets

Blog Entries

I truly 100% believe that the Bills will draft Ryan Nassib.

He's got the arm, size, mobility, intelligence, and experience in Doug Marrone's offense. That is a perfect match, IMO. The Bills may not use their top 10 pick on him, but I think they'll trade back up into round 1 and take him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Barkley to Buffalo at #8. I know a lot of mock drafts are putting Nassib here because of the coach connection but Barkley has been coming on really strong of late. Plus their coach is a WCO guy and for all his faults Barley runs it as well as anyone including Nassib.

Smith indeed goes to Jax at #2. They've got a new GM and Gabbart already looks like a lost cause. Maybe all that smoke screening they were doing with Smith won't be a smoke screen after all. But he could also go to the Jets at #13. Although I really want to say Teo to the Jets at #13 just for no reason than the sheer tabloid comedy of it all. I do seriously wonder if Rex and the owners will be able to resist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I truly 100% believe that the Bills will draft Ryan Nassib.

He's got the arm, size, mobility, intelligence, and experience in Doug Marrone's offense. That is a perfect match, IMO. The Bills may not use their top 10 pick on him, but I think they'll trade back up into round 1 and take him.
    I've seen some mocks that have them taking him at 8. Would AZ consider it at 7? Then the QB panic might be on...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!