SuggsKill Guest

Will Darelle Revis still be the best shutdown corner in the league with the Bucs?

I'd rather hear the analysis of people. What do you guys think? I think it's a hell of a pick up for the Bucs. Do you think the 13th pick was too much?

Blog Entries

Re: Will Darelle Revis still be the best shutdown corner in the league with the Bucs?

I think they overpaid but I understand why. They face some WRs that have toasted them in that division and they end up playing a lot of zone. They want to play man and be able to apply pressure up front; this gives them that option. If you look at their secondary now, it's pretty damn solid (on paper).

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Will Darelle Revis still be the best shutdown corner in the league with the Bucs?

I think so. I also wanted to voice a version of the same question about whether people think Asomugha will rekindle his game in SF, or if they think he'll play like he did with the Eagles.

Blog Entries

The situation was not very fair to Nnamdi Asomugha in Philadelphia. They ran a lot of zone, where Nnamdi's strength has been in press man coverage. There, he is able to use his length and leverage skills, because he does not have high quality speed. In all seriousness, Philadelphia had an offensive line coach, running the defense. After you go through something like that, a change of scenery is probably for the better. I expect him to do better in San Fransisco.

It's hard to say what Revis is going to do.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore