Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Ravens Trade up for Lane Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I do not think Ozzie would ever do that. JMO... Bc
    Yeah I agree. If he moves up it'll be no more than 10 picks and for an immediate need (Example: oher and flacco). Both Austin and Johnson aren't as pressing needs as oher and flacco were back then.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    If we trade up big it better be for Tavon.
    I'd rather get Lane Johnson...

If I were the Ravens, setting up my board, I'd probaboly have Tavon 4th, after the LT's and before Vaccarro, Lotuleilei and Floyd. after that, I'd probably start looking at passrushers, TE's, and other WR's like Patterson and Hopkins.

And huh? HOw is LT less of a need then OT was when Oher was picked? Our only NFL level OT is in the last yearof his deal(assuming KO is a guard).
    LT, right now, is as big of a need as I can remember entering the draft with in recent times, perhaps since Flacco, and maybe CB the year we ended up trading for Josh Wilson after not drafting one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Yeah, I can't come remotely close to jumping on this bandwagon. KO was universally listed pre-draft as a guard only, LJ is listed universally as a slam-dunk lock-dwon LT for a decade. THe atleticism disparity betweenthe two is absolutely ENORMOUS. Don't gert me wrong, I like KO, but Lane Johnson has the potential to be the best LT in football inside of a few short years.
    Your memory from last year differs quite a bit from mine. KO was projected in the 45-60 range, and not higher, because he was projected as an iffy LT, but a very good RT prospect. There was never a "guard only" grade given to him at all by my recollection.

Blog Entries

I do think they'll pick up a tackle, and they have options already. It won't be done by paying the price it would take to go to the top of the first for a freaking offensive lineman...no way

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The cost to go from 32 to 6 would be.... enormous. Anyone want to calculate that out? This years 1st, probably next years 1st, maybe this years 2nd as well. I'm probably all wrong, but it'll take a bounty.

Remember everyone, this is just Preston's baseless speculation, er, opinion, which is what he's being paid the big bucks for!

Blog Entries

Smokescreen.........

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'd rather get Lane Johnson...

If I were the Ravens, setting up my board, I'd probaboly have Tavon 4th, after the LT's and before Vaccarro, Lotuleilei and Floyd. after that, I'd probably start looking at passrushers, TE's, and other WR's like Patterson and Hopkins.

And huh? HOw is LT less of a need then OT was when Oher was picked? Our only NFL level OT is in the last yearof his deal(assuming KO is a guard).
    LT, right now, is as big of a need as I can remember entering the draft with in recent times, perhaps since Flacco, and maybe CB the year we ended up trading for Josh Wilson after not drafting one at all.
    We already have our left tackle for the next 8 years in Michael Oher. Everything else is just a smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    We already have our left tackle for the next 8 years in Michael Oher. Everything else is just a smokescreen.
    Subtle sarcasm is hard to recognize in text. This was in jest, right?

I want to worry about anything other than LT next year. I hoped that last year. Unfortunately I'll predict deja vu all over again.

Preston wins again. Total BS and we respond with 46 posts (and counting).

Blog Entries
    Folks, I just received word from a source moderately close to Steve Bisciotti's cleaning lady that if the Ravens opt not to trade up or down they will likely target one of the top rated players available with the 32nd pick.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    The cost to go from 32 to 6 would be.... enormous. Anyone want to calculate that out? This years 1st, probably next years 1st, maybe this years 2nd as well. I'm probably all wrong, but it'll take a bounty.
    Yes, according to the general trade value chart, getting the 6th overall pick this year would take this year's 1st rounder, next year's 1st round pick, this year's 2nd round pick, and probably this year's (or next year's) 3rd round pick.

Definitely enormous. And that is why there is no way in hell it happens. No. Way. In. Hell.