Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Ravens Trade up for Lane Johnson?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lane-johnson/

take it with a grain of salt, its from donut boy

That’s the word from Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun, who got the team “pissed off” at him the last time we linked to one of his reports, which was about John Harbaugh supposedly not wanting Ed Reed back. This time, Preston reports that the Ravens might trade up for Johnson, if they can make such a trade at a reasonable cost.

Re: Ravens Trade up for Lane Johnson?

Yea, he doesn't know. No inside sources. Just an educated guess.

So essentially Preston is one of us. Awesome.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

More 'Inside' Information from Preston

Looks like the Ravens to Preston information super-highway is still running. The man who exposed Harbaugh's hatred of Ed Reed is once again giving the fans a look at the inside of the Ravens war room. The Ravens want Lane Johnson and are willing to trade up to get him, even though he is expected to be a top 10 pick if the cost is reasonable.

My own non-inside information is that the Ravens would be willing to trade with the Chiefs for the #1 overall pick and draft Big Luke Joeckel, if the cost was reasonable. Now that's a scoop

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lane-johnson/

With the draft rumors flying fast and furious on the day before the first round, here’s one we hadn’t previously heard: The Ravens like former Oklahoma left tackle Lane Johnson so much that they’d be willing to trade way up in the first round to get him.

That’s the word from Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun, who got the team “pissed off” at him the last time we linked to one of his reports, which was about John Harbaugh supposedly not wanting Ed Reed back. This time, Preston reports that the Ravens might trade up for Johnson, if they can make such a trade at a reasonable cost.

Although Johnson is generally regarded as the third-best offensive tackle in this draft (behind Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel and Central Michigan’s Eric Fisher), he could go as high as the Top 5 in a draft loaded with offensive line talent. For the Ravens to trade up from their first-round pick, No. 32, and get high enough to draft Johnson, they’d need to give up a bounty of picks.

But the Ravens do own 12 draft picks, which gives them ammunition to trade up if they want to. And it’s also worth noting that the Ravens would love to lock in a franchise left tackle who can protect their franchise quarterback, Joe Flacco, for years to come. Trading up for a left tackle would suggest that the Ravens want to say farewell forever to Bryant McKinnie, and that they want to keep Michael Oher on the right side.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I can see it if Johnson drops to #31, then John calls Jim and says,"I'll give you back that 6th round draft choice you gave us for Boldin." ;) ... Bc

Blog Entries

Re: More 'Inside' Information from Preston

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    And their source is also Mike Preston. It's stunning how he Preston can still be a source for anything related to the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    So essentially Preston is one of us. Awesome.
    Zero insight from Mike on this one.
    Surprise!
    More hack writing.
    Please note that Preston said "REASONABLE COST" to CYA.
    He could have named any player in this draft and been "true" but there's little REAL insight.
    Ozzie is keeping an eye on everyone. And always looks for value.

No way we trade up into the top 10. Zero percent chance.

I wouldn't rule out trading up 10 or so spots, if somehow Johnson or some other top tier player was falling. But I still don't see it.

As for this 'story,' for all we know Preston is doing the Ravens bidding here, either voluntarily or unintentionally. Wouldn't surprise me at all if teams use overzealous reporters to spread disinformation.

Only the editors over at the worst newspaper in the country know what they see in that blowhard. It's a shame outsiders give him so much credence. He's a columnist, not a beat writer. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    No way we trade up into the top 10. Zero percent chance.

I wouldn't rule out trading up 10 or so spots, if somehow Johnson or some other top tier player was falling. But I still don't see it.

As for this 'story,' for all we know Preston is doing the Ravens bidding here, either voluntarily or unintentionally. Wouldn't surprise me at all if teams use overzealous reporters to spread disinformation.
    Yup. Would cost way too much to move into the top 10. Ozzie isn't going to do that. Not his MO.

It's all bs.

Ozzie and co. are probably sending atheltic trainers and custodians out to talk loudly in the lunchroom to see if Preston will print it. The Ravens know the Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder types aren;t capable of original thought. They will be on the phone to their scout department saying "The Ravens want Lane, get him!"

Meanwhile the talent they REALLY want, falls.

For my money, Aaron Wilson is the best Ravens reporter.