Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

People's Republic of Maryland imposes new "rain tax"

Gotta give O'Guv credit for originality with his latest tax on his citizens after hitting us with
    an escalating gas tax of 23.5%. He's now going to tax us every time it rains. That's right.
    On second thought, it's not that original. It's right out of an Orwellian wet dream but I think
    it's the first state with a rain tax or one of the first. Not sure.

The 10 largest counties of the state will get hit with the rain tax including up here in Harford County. The western counties in the mountains are exempt, thus far.

I just bought a condo so I guess I'll get hit too with rising condo fees along with the rising
    gas tax and people in here wonder why I'm so pissed off at libbies all the time. It's a
    system of storm water and water shed taxes. All the rain that falls in these counties, it
    empties into the Chesapeake Bay including all of its pollutants. The Peoples Replubic
    wants to charge a fee for these pollutants.

And to think OBYs EPA isn't even behind this one and don't expect O'Guv to use the so
    called restoration fund from these taxes for it's intended purposes.

The Republic's DEMs which are like sheep will love it and praise it like they did when
    O'GUV raised the sales tax as soon as he became guv. GOP legislatures in Annapolis
    tried to block it with a filibuster but ran out of time. They're the ones that dubbed it
    the "rain tax." See link for proper name.

The good news is this should kill any chances of O'GUV running for Prez.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/1...x-on-rain-now/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-21-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: People's Republic of Maryland imposes new "rain tax"

And hopefully the taxes in MD right now will kill any chances of O'Taxey getting re-elected.

My wife and I are getting ready to move to Frederick County and we're both nervous about the state of taxation in MD.

There are just SO many Dem's between Frederick and the Eastern Shore of MD. A Republican candidate could never win in MD. Senator Mikulski is no better. She's sleezy as fuck too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

O'Malley is termed out. He can't run again right now. He can only get re-elected after being away for four years and then it can only be for one term.

This rain tax may be the most ridiculous things I've ever seen and makes me all the more happier I now reside in Texas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    O'Malley is termed out. He can't run again right now. He can only get re-elected after being away for four years and then it can only be for one term.

This rain tax may be the most ridiculous things I've ever seen and makes me all the more happier I now reside in Texas.
    One of many ridiculous and greedy taxes.

One has to wonder how MD has such absurd taxes, yet Baltimore City is broke as fuck.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Yea, but he's on the long list of presidential candidates for 2016 along with Hillary, Biden et al.

That's why I said this dumb tax will kill him there.

But Galen used to come on here all the time and said he didn't mind paying extra taxes. Even libbies in person say that. The country was created over high taxes and thus the Boston Tea Party et al. If these dudies were around then there wouldnt be a country.

And just about every city and county in the country is broke as f&ck.

Here's 100 American cities facing financial collapse 3 years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...tens-us-cities
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-21-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, but he's on the long list of presidential candidates for 2016 along with Hillary, Biden et al.

That's why I said this dumb tax will kill him there.

But Galen used to come on here all the time and said he didn't mind paying extra taxes. Even libbies in person say that. The country was created over high taxes and thus the Boston Tea Party et al. If these dudies were around then there wouldnt be a country.

AS a friend of mine who lives in MD reminded me when I said this seals the deal O'Malley won't be Pres, "You underestimate the power of stupidity, wasn't Obama just reelected".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

Just goes to show that there are some serious questions surrounding the allocation of taxed monies. Where does it go?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just goes to show that there are some serious questions surrounding the allocation of taxed monies. Where does it go?
    Let's start a list:

Baltimore Grand Prix

By the way...I am always amused when the Democratic Party (the so-called party that supports poor people) passes some of the most regressive taxes imaginable.

I am not a big fan of the Republicans either, they can tax (and spend) just as much.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 04-22-2013 at 12:26 PM.

I sure hope a lot of the dollars from the increased flush tax and this new rainwater containment tax actually do go to saving the Chesapeake Bay. I suspect I'm not the only regular supporter of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation that has decided I can't support them anymore because these increases (which are allegedly for the same cause) have further decreased my available charity dollars.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Let's start a list:

Baltimore Grand Prix

By the way...I am always amused when the Democratic Party (the so-called party that supports poor people) passes some of the most regressive taxes imaginable.

I am not a big fan of the Republicans either, they can tax (and spend) just as much.

Blog Entries

Like the link said, don't expect the wind fall to go where it is intended. It never does. I read a report at work 20 years ago where the Bay was 40% polluted then. It listed the exact pollutants, exactly where they were and where they came from, namely the companies along the tributaries emptying into the bay.

The cities are broke because of spending and high taxes. Ryan was crucified for his plan to
    reduce the debt. While DEMs complained about medicare and soc sec cuts in the plan they
    stole $700M from medicare for their ear marked projects.

It's the spending stupid on both the national and local level. California is falling off the cliff
    and Arnie tried to stop it but there are few GOPs out there to fight em. Calif spent billions
    pr day on a new super rail system while they laid off teachers,
    firemen and policemen off in many towns and counties. Oakland was one big town.

Same thing happened with Congress agreed to the biggest cuts in history with the GOPs
    $33B cut in spending. The spending Congress did just while they debated the cuts wiped out the cuts. GOPs wanted a $1-2T cuts but DEMs fought it down to $33B and Pissy Reid was pissed about that.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...-spending-debt
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-22-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Blog Entries

California has the highest debt in the nation @ over $6B last year.

I gotta leave for the gym but somebody google Chicago and NY to
    see where they are.

LaBron James signed with the heat in Florida because of the millions he would have lost in NY due to high taxes.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/28/476...ebt-rises.html