View Poll Results: What should the Ravens do with Rolando McClain?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut him NOW!

29 23.39%
  • Wait until the draft then cut him

16 12.90%
  • Keep him on the team and see what he can do in camp

35 28.23%
  • Nothing. Let him stay on the team. This is a minor incident.

16 12.90%
  • Wait until more information is public then act

28 22.58%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: You have to be kidding me....Rolando McClain arrested

not at all surprised and I don't think he was ever penciled in as the answer at ILB. On to the draft...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one is getting released before the draft.
    Futhermore, there's no point in releasing him before they are financially obligated to make a decision so why expose him to, say, the Bengals. I say keep him and try and get him in the system for a month and see if he seems to buy in. What he REALLY probably needs to do is stop drinking and go to a support group for it if necessary. He might not be an abuser but some people can't behave during even casual drinking and if he's that type he was probably shielded from fallout over that while at school BY the school. Or, he hadn't really drank much there. Oh well, they Ravens will do what they think is best.

Blog Entries

ROLANDO TO OZZIE:

Well Oz I know you're not going to believe this but I was leading a Bible study and witnessing to the homeless in the park and things, well, got out of hand when the cops arrived.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

OZZIE TO ROLANDO: You're right. I don't believe it. You're fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    What's funny s people are STILL trying to compare this guy to Ray Lewis.

I'm sorry, did Ray Lewis get arrested multiple times before his Atlanta incident? When arrested, did Ray flaunt his total lack of respect for authorities? Did Ray Lewis quit on his team and fight with his coaches?

lol.

This guy has NO character, Is not reliable at all on or off the field and is the farthest thing from a Ravens of player as you could possibly get.

If this were ANY other player on the roster, everyone would be more than willing to give that player the benefit of the doubt. Why should anybody give this guy...a guy who has shown to have issues on and off the field way too often for his short time in this league any of that? I'm not convicting him of anything...he has every right to a go through the criminal precedings with the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect.

But when it comes to your job, if you are constantly showing insanely stupid judgement and are totally unreliable, yes, your job is in jeopardy whether you are convicted in the court of law or not.

Now, maybe the Ravens don't cut him, and if they keep him, once again, I will hope for the best. But I'll have even less hope for him than I had before...it's just a matter of time before something else happens...and people here start bringing up Ray Lewis.

If he stays, I'm assuming Ozzie, Harbs and Steve tell him "I don't care what the reason is, if you get arrested one more time, for any reason at all, you're done here".

The absolute LAST chance here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Bingo. RIW, HR, myself, and one or two others expressed our uneasiness when McClain was signed. We were scoffed at because we doubted he could change his spots. "But, but, but ...it's only $700k!..." was the main argument against us. Well, guess what? I don't want a guy like this on my team if he were playing for free.

If McClain has continuing issues with police as authority figures, do you really expect he'll toe the line with Harbaugh?

Perhaps he won't be cut, but I hope he is. Sooner the better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Love the way he has been tried, condemned, and sentenced by so many of my fellow peers, considering this was the same team that supported Ray Lewis during his time of troubles.

Put in a situation? I don't care what the situation was. Unless you were there and a part of it, you have no idea what happened.

Personally I have witnessed police act well above and beyond their bounds of authority and I even have friends and family in law enforcement. See that is the beauty of this country, there is still another part to come and I am betting with his lawyers, nothing will come of this.

I don't care what his history is. Innocent until proven guilty. Half the problem with this country is jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound.

Yeah, I heard he's had scrapes before, lets just throw the key away.
    The point isn't if he was at fault or to be there to know the exact circumstances. The point is he's guilty of being a dumbass AGAIN by putting himself in that kind of situation. There's zero reason to believe now that he won't put himself in another dumb situation to get in trouble.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

I don't care what his history is. Innocent until proven guilty. Half the problem with this country is jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound.

Yeah, I heard he's had scrapes before, lets just throw the key away.
    Because everybody on here:

A. Thinks they know every situation before it u folds and both sides of the story are told.

and

B. Most on here think they should be working for the Ravens right underneath Ozzie and Decosta.

So they try Rolando, find him guilty and do Oz and Co a favor of cutting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

A. Thinks they know every situation before it u folds and both sides of the story are told.

and

B. Most on here think they should be working for the Ravens right underneath Ozzie and Decosta.

Good morning Hyperbole ...

This has ZERO to do with him being guilty or innocent.

It has to do with making the right character choices in life and running a top notch franchise.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Why was he asked to leave the area and who asked him? Just curious, I haven't seen that info yet.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

and

Ridiculous.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I tend to think that for a player with as many strikes against him as he has, that he: 1) wouldn't be in Decatur at all given his history, 2) wouldn't be out in a large crowd where unpredictable things can happen, and 3) wouldn't give any lip to a police officer once asked to move along. I understand that police in the South can be tough. (There is a racial angle that has been hinted at here as well, but, the fact is that we do not even know that the police officer was not African-American in this case.)

In any event, there were things Rolando could have done to avoid this situation entirely -- and he didn't. This is on him.

That said, the charges aren't so egregious that we might not give him a second chance. If he is cut, he has to go through waivers on a ridiculously favorable contract for the team. Any one of our rivals could pick him up on that contract -- even the Steelers. I would make him move to Baltimore and sweat out OTAs and training camp with the team. If he is good enough and cleans up his act, he makes it with a zero tolerance policy. If not or doesn't clean up his act, he is cut. From a competitive standpoint, cutting him now could hurt us in more ways than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I tend to think that for a player with as many strikes against him as he has, that he: 1) wouldn't be in Decatur at all given his history, 2) wouldn't be out in a large crowd where unpredictable things can happen, and 3) wouldn't give any lip to a police officer once asked to move along. I understand that police in the South can be tough. (There is a racial angle that has been hinted at here as well, but, the fact is that we do not even know that the police officer was not African-American in this case.)

In any event, there were things Rolando could have done to avoid this situation entirely -- and he didn't. This is on him.

That said, the charges aren't so egregious that we might not give him a second chance. If he is cut, he has to go through waivers on a ridiculously favorable contract for the team. Any one of our rivals could pick him up on that contract -- even the Steelers. I would make him move to Baltimore and sweat out OTAs and training camp with the team. If he is good enough and cleans up his act, he makes it with a zero tolerance policy. If not or doesn't clean up his act, he is cut. From a competitive standpoint, cutting him now could hurt us in more ways than one.
    some excellent points. Especially when considering there were other teams that offered more than what we did just a week ago. Hed have no chance of clearing waivers at this time. this offense while not being good also isnt nearly as bad as say "beating your wife with a lamp post" which weve allowed to remain on the team. Hell be given a shot to prove his football skills are worthy of him sticking around..
    -JAB

Blog Entries

It would be a good thing if he was cut and Pitt picked him up. He can't play worth shit!
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    The point is he's guilty of being a dumbass AGAIN by putting himself in that kind of situation.
    And again, from what little has been reported, "that kind of situation" was him being in a public park with a large group of people.

Anything else from me or anybody is purely speculation at this point.

His group could of been completely out of control and when told to politely calm down or leave, he could have been a total dick to the police.

Or this police officer may been the dick here and may have a history with Rolando and saw this as another opportunity to stick it to him.

I am certain of this, the Ravens will base their decision to retain or release on more information than what people are judging him with in this thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    The point isn't if he was at fault or to be there to know the exact circumstances. The point is he's guilty of being a dumbass AGAIN by putting himself in that kind of situation. There's zero reason to believe now that he won't put himself in another dumb situation to get in trouble.
    I really don't care about the reason he was locked up. Like you said, it is the situation that matters more for the Ravens.

He explicitly said he wouldn't go to Decatur as much. "I won't be making as many visits to Decatur". So either he lied, or he was so tempted he couldn't resist. And look what happened - he got in trouble again. He won't be making "as many" visits...HOW ABOUT NONE!!! You obviously can't follow simple common sense rules when in Decatur. So how about don't go there at all????

I don't even care if he was wrongly arrested, the fact that he was involved in an activity that he said he would refrain from is telling enough on its own.

Blog Entries

I was excited for the signing and his potential.
    Thought he had made a decision to keep his nose clean and be all about football, all the time.
    Yet he goes and does what he swears he won't- hang with his boys down South.
    It's not necessarily what he did with the arrest, it's the fact he still thinks it's ok to put himself in bad situations with his loser friends from home. He obviosly has NOT learned his lesson.
    Better we learn the guy is full of BS now, rather than after the draft.
    Buh, bye!