Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: John Harbaugh: One Tough Mudder

Man, forget that shit. Looks hard. Is there a videogame version of it?

Also, how does Harbs always look so photogenic? Man will probably end up running for president some day.

And who are the women in Ravens gear? Staff or coaches wives?
    Last edited by Ravenalytics; 04-22-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I did last year's Tough Mudder Mid-Atlantic at Frederick, MD (Side story, was a HUGE debacle...ended up getting cancelled due to rain early on Saturday and both the parking and track were such a mess they cancelled Sunday too, leading to scheduling this weekend's one in Spring). I don't plan to do anymore, but it was a great training experience and a hell of a lot of fun, through a hell of a lot of pain.

Saw this on BR.com. John, Juan, Kevin Byrne, spouses, and a few other people did this as a team. Reason #182351 I love our coach. Look at his face on these pics, he was having a BLAST. There are a good amount of HC in the NFL I can't see doing this kind of thing.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/photo...0-df8784c3ea94
    My wife and I were there for her youngest son's participation. He is going into the Marines next month. I was worn out just watching these people do this stuff. And you are right; it was a major mess in the logistics.

I tip my hat to all that take on the challenge. I just watch.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    idk, I could easily see Andy Reid doing this
    You know, for all that saw swore Harbs was gonna be too much like Reid and make the Ravens "Eagles South", there was one obvious difference between the two from the get-go and that was the fact that Harbs is a fitness nut, even to the extent he uses the gym at the team hotel on the road when many people would probably just skip a day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    You know, for all that saw swore Harbs was gonna be too much like Reid and make the Ravens "Eagles South", there was one obvious difference between the two from the get-go and that was the fact that Harbs is a fitness nut, even to the extent he uses the gym at the team hotel on the road when many people would probably just skip a day.
    He buys into the "Mighty Men" gym warrior mentality, that's for sure. I remember, before TC got privatized to OM, people who got out to McDaniel early would see Harbaugh going out for a morning run each day before camp. Think he took coaches out with him too.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

That is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Very true. When I see a guy like Harbs, I see a man who has discipline for himself, and that kind of attitude trickles down to the people around him.

Awesome! Reminds me of my training days.

Harbs is a great human being. My man crush on him continues to grows.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Thanks for posting this, awesome to see. Just did one here in Texas on Saturday, would have been awesome to see him on the course. For anyone who hasn't done one I highly recommend it. They're a different animal than the Warrior dashes and shorter mud runs.

I saw this video earlier today. He makes a statement that he is going to have the team do this in training camp. Do you guys think that's a good idea, or the possibility of unnecessary injuries?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I saw this video earlier today. He makes a statement that he is going to have the team do this in training camp. Do you guys think that's a good idea, or the possibility of unnecessary injuries?
    He was kidding I think.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Just curious... how can you cancel a "tough mudder" for too much rain/mud?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Just curious... how can you cancel a "tough mudder" for too much rain/mud?
    Actually, I forgot this, but the 2nd day was really cancelled because the city of Frederick pulled the permit:

http://www.gazette.net/article/20120...mplate=gazette

The traffic around there was a NIGHTMARE, reports of people stuck in the same spot for 4 hours, abandoning cars, etc. On my end, I got there early so no traffic, but once the rain hit, the big dirt parking lot became totally a mess. Many Tough Mudders ended up getting groups together to push cars up the muddy hill to try to get them out, but it was insane. I had my son with me, so I couldn't help push, but this was a fairly inclined hill with mud, so you were taking personal risk of safety to push cars up it.

We left our car until Sunday late morning. It was still not in great shape, but we scouted the area and figured out a dry enough route to drive the car out. There was a tow truck sitting in the field for what I assume would be pay for tow, we never used them.