1. Planning for Denver road trip

Staying at Westin downtown. Appears I should be able to take the light rail to the stadium from Union station. Has anyone done this? Wondering if there is a better way to get to the stadium...TD

Re: Planning for Denver road trip

I would stick with their Light Rail. The lines to get on the trains appeared to be no worse than those in Baltimore.

There used to be an octagonal hotel within a long stone's throw of the stadium. I can't recall the the name -- it had been part of a decent chain of hotels found in most large & mid-sized cities in the West. The hotel at that time (2001 season) was about a 3 star, with lounge & restaurant on-site - not to be confused with a Westin. They were very amenable to our group, including allowing us to tailgate party on their front lawn. The Hotel has since changed hands to become the Hotel VQ, appearing to have gone somewhat downhill from guests ratings. If you are going to Denver prior to the game, it would be worth checking out because of its proximity to the stadium.

Other stadium area hotels were dumps in 2001. I don't recall the Hampton Inn being there, so you may want to check that out.

We have been to all subsequent games at Invesco whatever field, parking at a remote cash lot for tailgating. No problems with entry or egress.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

There is a website (http://www.meetup.com/ravens52/) with a couple hundred Ravens fans that live in and around the Denver area. As they did for the playoff game, I expect they will coordinate a Baltimore Ravens tailgate somewhere near to the stadium. They normally watch the game at Choppers, which is probably where they will meet up again after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by towerdweller View Post
    Staying at Westin downtown. Appears I should be able to take the light rail to the stadium from Union station. Has anyone done this? Wondering if there is a better way to get to the stadium...TD
    Here is what I have figured out so far if booked now.

Round trip flight (direct) $300
    Doubletree Hotel Wed-Sat (deapart).$475
    Travelocity discount package ($175)
    Game ticket approx $250

Total $850

Thinking about going. Appreciate any ways to do it even cheaper. Of course splitting the hotel is the first way. (Mine was based on double occupancy)
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70

So where is everyone sitting? I'm probably going- but staying with friends who are Denver fans- and think I'd rather hang with them the night and morning before, but then sit with a group of Ravens fans for the game. They are in nose bleeds too.
    What sections/rows everyone in??
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

I'm arriving the day of the game due to my class schedule. Probably leaving Saturday. Not even sure if i will have time tailgate. I don't know my section yet.

7. Re: Planning for Denver road trip

It cost me affordable rates, I flew from Pittsburgh and stayed at the hotel "Glasgow". Pittsburgh to Denver, nonstop. United Airlines. $181.

Quote Originally Posted by DfDanil View Post
    Pittsburgh to Denver, nonstop. United Airlines. $181.
    $181 is currently the going "Spring Forward" sale rate offerd by Southwest for BWI-DEN. United is the only other to offer non-stops, at about the same fare -- however, be very careful when flying airlines other than Southwest: they all tack on nickel + dime extra charges, such as luggage fees and flight change fees, which can double your actual cost. US Air currently offers the cheapest fare, but that's going to require change of planes at the Charlotte zoo, which will double your transit time and triple your stress rating.

I don't know if any airline has yet announced Fall fares.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).