Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest Pro Football Central mock: Ravens get Arthur Brown

http://www.profootballcentral.com/20...-2/#more-15595

I hope this turns out to be true!

Re: Latest Pro Football Central mock: Ravens get Arthur Brown

So this mock has Brown being the pick over...(looks at board).....Minter, Hopkins, Allen, Woods, Sylvester Williams, Jesse Williams, Hankins, Watson, Pugh, Carradine, Moore and the 2nd best TE whoever that may be.

I like Brown, really. Not sure that Ozzie would take him over either DT Williams, especially Sylvester who would be a freakin' steal at 32. Or the best of those three WRs there (take your pick).

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    So this mock has Brown being the pick over...(looks at board).....Minter, Hopkins, Allen, Woods, Sylvester Williams, Jesse Williams, Hankins, Watson, Pugh, Carradine, Moore and the 2nd best TE whoever that may be.

I like Brown, really. Not sure that Ozzie would take him over either DT Williams, especially Sylvester who would be a freakin' steal at 32. Or the best of those three WRs there (take your pick).
    I'd take him over Williams.

They are about the same level of prospect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Seriously guys, Arthur Brown would be a great pick at 32, this guy's upside is enormous.

Actually looking at that list of possible picks at 32 I posted above, it would make sense to trade down. Too many good players who are about the same quality will be available at 32 to need to jump on one of them. Yeah that includes Arthur Brown. Might as well get him or someone else a bit later. Get a team that is desperate for a QB or is in love with one particular to trade up and we pocket a 3rd or 4th rounder. Then use that pick and move up from 62 or 94 and/or 129.

This is why I can't post a mock for the Ravens: it is now so so obvious that the Ravens will make multiple trades that the picks that we end up making will be quite different than the picks we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'd take him over Williams.

They are about the same level of prospect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I like Brown, but Sly Williams at 32 is robbery.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post

Of the 12 players listed by name there, Arthur Brown is not in the top 5. Sylvester Williams is a top-15 caliber talent. Hopkins, Carradine, Moore, and Allen top-20. I would say it's a toss-up between Brown, Minter, and Watson at the next tier, and I'm not even sure Brown is a better prospect than Minter.

If the board looked like that at #32, Ozzie would probably be furiously trying to trade back. It would be hard for me to pass up on Sylvester Williams at that spot but he doesn't fit our defense. He's a pass-rushing 3-tech tackle, but if we ran more 4-3 fronts he'd be a great piece to add to Canty, Ngata, McPhee, and Jones at DT. I'm not sure we wouldn't get a better value trading back a few spots.

By signature of a very strong NDA, I'd love to be in our war room for Draft weekend. Especially this one, with all of its parity.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    By signature of a very strong NDA, I'd love to be in our war room for Draft weekend. Especially this one, with all of its parity.

+1,000,000,000

Imagine-just being in viewing booth of the War Room watching the Ravens slowly going crazy with all that talent dropping to them. I'd love love love that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Of the 12 players listed by name there, Arthur Brown is not in the top 5. Sylvester Williams is a top-15 caliber talent. Hopkins, Carradine, Moore, and Allen top-20. I would say it's a toss-up between Brown, Minter, and Watson at the next tier, and I'm not even sure Brown is a better prospect than Minter.

If the board looked like that at #32, Ozzie would probably be furiously trying to trade back. It would be hard for me to pass up on Sylvester Williams at that spot but he doesn't fit our defense. He's a pass-rushing 3-tech tackle, but if we ran more 4-3 fronts he'd be a great piece to add to Canty, Ngata, McPhee, and Jones at DT. I'm not sure we wouldn't get a better value trading back a few spots.
    I really still can't even grasp how you rank brown so low, still can't get my head around it, now your even saying he's not as good as minter. Have you just watched that one Oregon game?

Blog Entries

Arthur Brown vs Oklahoma is the game you all should be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Arthur Brown vs Oklahoma is the game you all should be watching.
    he was dominate last yr against Baylor ans rg3 aswell. I've watched about 12 or so games from last couple years