Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Latest Pro Football Central mock: Ravens get Arthur Brown

Greene was defiantly a bigger play maker, he was making plays everywhere. I just seen a lot of running around a blocker rather than taking him on and beating him. Maybe that's a sign of good instincts and angles knowing he didn't have to take the blocker on, but im not sure how well that will translate. I love Greene and I concede he's probably better value in the second that brown in the first, but I don't think Greene will be there.

Alonso could be the one to watch in the third.

Finding out the Ravens view on these LB's will be one of the most intriguing things of this draft imo. We know they'll take at least one, we all have our preferences and different things we value, cant wait to see how they address the position.

FWIW, Peter King says the Ravens will take Arthur Brown.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-nf...ft-peter-king/

Looking at his mock I see a couple of things:

- First this is a pretty safe mock with the WR picks/Terrance Williams (see below) being the biggest exception. But no trades are projected so this is ultimately off base.

- A real run on WR's: Austin, Hunter, Patterson, Allen, Hopkins, and Terrance Williams are all picked before 32. Wow. Don't think I've seen all of those WR's picked in round 1 of any mock before this one. Plus Eifert is taken also. But not Robert Woods.

- Just one QB taken- Geno to...wait for it!...Cleveland. I can just read the headlines: "A new era dawns in Cleveland". And next year the headlines will read, "A new era dawns in Cleveland." And the year after that.... you get the idea.

- Eddie Lacy is picked by the Bengals. That's plausible.

- Just two safeties are taken, Vaccaro (Rams) and Cyprien (Cowboys). So Elam slides past us to round 2.

- Of the ILB's only Te'o (Minnesota) is picked before we pick Brown. Ogletree and Minter: welcome to round 2!

- Steelers take Jarvis Jones. Pretty safe guess there.

- On the DL, Star Lotulelei slides waaaaaay down to GB at 26. If that happens I see the Ravens and other teams looking to trade up for him. Note: this mock does not include trades.

- Jesse Williams falls out of round 1.

- Of the OT's just 4 are mocked in round 1. Watson and Pugh slide to round 2 to join Armstead, Kyle Long, and possibly Bakhtiari there. That's a lot of OL talent jamming up round two Ozzie...

- Players who missed out on round 1 (and thus the Ravens did not pick in favor of Brown) that are sometimes mocked there: Ogletree, Minter, Carradine, J Williams, Hayden, Jamar Taylor, Elam, Woods, Pugh, Watson. This restates the fact that by the time the Ravens pick (if they don't trade up) there will be a pool of 8-10 plausible 1st round picks for them to choose from. Practically every mock out there shows a similar if slightly varied pool of available players at the bottom of round 1. Doesn't that make trading down more likely? Yep.

Jesse Williams won't fall out of round one. The second is where he should be going. he would be a reach in round 1