Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rex Ryan Rips O's for Scheduling Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's trying to get back into the good graces of Steve Bisciotti so when he's fired after this year Bisciotti may consider bringing him back as the DC.

:D
    I think Rex just likes to make headlines. He knew this would get him press so he shot his mouth off.

As usual, Rex can't keep his fat mouth shut. This doesn't concern you Rex. Go back to worrying about your shit team

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    This horse is so dead it may have been beaten back to life by now. But to Rex Ryan, I say worry about your own sorry-ass football team. The idea of giving up a home game is idiotic. Home field advantage is huge, and if you check baseball standings at the end of the season, many times the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs is one single game.

Clark Judge drops it all in Angelos' lap, but the fact is MLB and the White Sox would also have had to sign off. Why on earth would the White Sox ever sign off on anything that was any more than a minor inconvenience for them? What do they care about the Ravens?

And the most important point is this: the NFL did not need the Orioles to do a single damn thing. All they had to do to move the game to Wednesday. The same thing they did last year. The Rosh Hahsana excuse is crap. They have played on that holiday many times, including entire slates of games.

If this was the New York Jets, or the Dallas Cowboys, or the Washington Redskins, the NFL would have done whatever they had to do to make this happen. Is there anyone on this board who does not believe that?
    THIS

The Orioles will be in the midst of 20 consecutive games without a day off. Playing a double header screws up the pitching rotation unnecessarily, and it is the last series between the White Sox and the Orioles, which means if any earlier games get rained out, they would need to schedule another double header would result in back to back double headers with no option for getting an alternate game played.

If they changed the game to an away game, the Orioles would have to refund any fans who had already purchased tickets to that game (season ticket holders, etc.), would the Ravens or the NFL reimburse the Orioles for this expense? The White Sox will be coming off a series with New York which would mean they'd have to fly back to Chicago for one game with the Orioles before flying back to Baltimore to continue the series, I don't know if they'd sign off on this.

It's not that the Orioles and MLB couldn't change the schedule, but it is definitely more than a minor inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    And the most important point is this: the NFL did not need the Orioles to do a single damn thing. All they had to do to move the game to Wednesday. The same thing they did last year. The Rosh Hahsana excuse is crap. They have played on that holiday many times, including entire slates of games.

If this was the New York Jets, or the Dallas Cowboys, or the Washington Redskins, the NFL would have done whatever they had to do to make this happen. Is there anyone on this board who does not believe that?
    :word

There was precedent to move the game to Wednesday. Their ratings were slightly lower last year when they did it though so they didn't want to give that up. Rosh Hoshanah was a convenient excuse. Then it became a pissing contest between Goodell, MLB and Angelos.

I saw Denver fans gloating about getting the kickoff game. Hey assholes, YOU DIDN'T EARN IT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCCRavensFan View Post
    THIS

The Orioles will be in the midst of 20 consecutive games without a day off. Playing a double header screws up the pitching rotation unnecessarily, and it is the last series between the White Sox and the Orioles, which means if any earlier games get rained out, they would need to schedule another double header would result in back to back double headers with no option for getting an alternate game played.

If they changed the game to an away game, the Orioles would have to refund any fans who had already purchased tickets to that game (season ticket holders, etc.), would the Ravens or the NFL reimburse the Orioles for this expense? The White Sox will be coming off a series with New York which would mean they'd have to fly back to Chicago for one game with the Orioles before flying back to Baltimore to continue the series, I don't know if they'd sign off on this.

It's not that the Orioles and MLB couldn't change the schedule, but it is definitely more than a minor inconvenience.
    Yup. You're not just asking the Orioles to change things, you're asking the Sox too. I don't blame them for changing it.

If I was the Ravens I would have said to give us the Sunday Night or Monday Night game if you can't move the game to Wednesday.

Regardless though, I can't fault the O's when the Sox had a say in this too.

Blog Entries

Blaming the Ravens opening on the road on Angelos is idiotic. We know Ryan doesn't mind the taste of his own feet, and spouting off without knowing the facts is well within character.

The Ravens could have opened up on Wednes. Rosh Hashanah is a BS excuse for the NFL to try to bully MLB into rearranging their established schedule to accommodate the NFL. NFL games have been played on Rosh Hashanah in the past and they will be in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Blaming the Ravens opening on the road on Angelos is idiotic. We know Ryan doesn't mind the taste of his own feet, and spouting off without knowing the facts is well within character.

The Ravens could have opened up on Wednes. Rosh Hashanah is a BS excuse for the NFL to try to bully MLB into rearranging their established schedule to accommodate the NFL. NFL games have been played on Rosh Hashanah in the past and they will be in the future.

But think about this from an outsiders perspective. Why should Goodell give up money and give the Ravens and Patriots an extra day off to solve a problem that the Raven's own city created? Giving the Super Bowl winner the opener is an informal courtesy that largely grew out of the NFL's desire to put the best game possible in that slot. It would stand to reason to the Super Bowl champion's AFC or NFC championship rematch would one of the best games of the year. Even if people thought that it was an unwritten rule and not doing so would cause a competitive disadvantage, the competitive advantage was provided by the Ravens getting the extra three days. It didn't matter who the home team was. And, I suspect that's why Biscotti didn't fight it. I'd imagine that we would have gotten the Sunday Night game if we would have asked. But from an X's and O's standpoint, this helps us for week 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    pretty straightforward and on Angelos IMO. But now that the schedule is set, time to move on...
    Pretty straightforward and on Goodell. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    pretty straightforward and on Angelos IMO. But now that the schedule is set, time to move on...
    Totally disagree RWT... but I respect your opinion!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    There was precedent to move the game to Wednesday. Their ratings were slightly lower last year when they did it though so they didn't want to give that up. Rosh Hoshanah was a convenient excuse. Then it became a pissing contest between Goodell, MLB and Angelos.
    I agree. When the MLB schedule was made, they didn't have any idea that the Ravens would win the Super Bowl and "need" that Thursday night for the home opener. The game could easily have been moved to Wednesday. I do not blame the Orioles for this... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I agree. When the MLB schedule was made, they didn't have any idea that the Ravens would win the Super Bowl and "need" that Thursday night for the home opener. The game could easily have been moved to Wednesday. I do not blame the Orioles for this... Bc
    :word

Blog Entries

they're not going to suffer the ratings loss of a Wed game. If Baltimore had the facilities to host the doubleheader it would be a non-issue.

Just go beat Denver

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!