Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rex Ryan Rips O's for Scheduling Debacle

Finally, something he and I agree on ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...mmodate-ravens

And I had not seen this Clark Judge article before, but he makes perfect sense to me. I've been saying Angelos deserve his share if the blame (not all, but some) and Judge nail it perfectly.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ltimore_Ravens

Blog Entries

Re: Rex Ryan Rips O's for Scheduling Debacle

He's trying to get back into the good graces of Steve Bisciotti so when he's fired after this year Bisciotti may consider bringing him back as the DC.

:D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

This horse is so dead it may have been beaten back to life by now. But to Rex Ryan, I say worry about your own sorry-ass football team. The idea of giving up a home game is idiotic. Home field advantage is huge, and if you check baseball standings at the end of the season, many times the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs is one single game.

Clark Judge drops it all in Angelos' lap, but the fact is MLB and the White Sox would also have had to sign off. Why on earth would the White Sox ever sign off on anything that was any more than a minor inconvenience for them? What do they care about the Ravens?

And the most important point is this: the NFL did not need the Orioles to do a single damn thing. All they had to do to move the game to Wednesday. The same thing they did last year. The Rosh Hahsana excuse is crap. They have played on that holiday many times, including entire slates of games.

If this was the New York Jets, or the Dallas Cowboys, or the Washington Redskins, the NFL would have done whatever they had to do to make this happen. Is there anyone on this board who does not believe that?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He's trying to get back into the good graces of Steve Bisciotti so when he's fired after this year Bisciotti may consider bringing him back as the DC.

:D
    Was just gonna say the same thing lol

Blog Entries

MLB, the O's and the White Sox can suck it. If it rains, those little bitches wouldn't play anyway. It is a professional courtesy that has been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Finally, something he and I agree on ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...mmodate-ravens

And I had not seen this Clark Judge article before, but he makes perfect sense to me. I've been saying Angelos deserve his share if the blame (not all, but some) and Judge nail it perfectly.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ltimore_Ravens
    Have to agree to disagree here Houston.. This was all on the NFL & Greedell.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    Have to agree to disagree here Houston.. This was all on the NFL & Greedell.
    Agree...... In particular, the bromance between Goodell and Kraft.

Bisciotti wimped out as well.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

i believe he said for them to play on the road instead. Id sooner just have them play a double header. Not sure why it had to be such a big deal. seems pretty obvious to me. I actually agree, it was more on the Orioles and MLB than the NFL. Once they opted to not change you can argue it was on the NFL to not switch it to Weds or Friday.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    This horse is so dead it may have been beaten back to life by now.
    haha :DeadHorse:

i've said it before, why cant it be everyone's fault? O's won't do a Double header or adjust any (this was denied at the O's owner level, did not even reach MLB, Whitesox, Players association until Goodell and Selig got involved) NFL stated that they couldn't play on Wednesday because of Holiday *caugh Ratings BS* (same Holiday falls on sunday next year, lets see what happens then).

I will still go to the O's games and Ravens games and cheer on Baltimore as usual. with this horrible mess in Boston should have taught us, UNITE instead of Divide.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    I will still go to the O's games and Ravens games and cheer on Baltimore as usual. with this horrible mess in Boston should have taught us, UNITE instead of Divide.

Here is the truth of it all. In the end, we are watching millionaires play for billionaires. Let's get over it and have a good time.

Blog Entries

pretty straightforward and on Angelos IMO. But now that the schedule is set, time to move on...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    [T]he most important point is this: the NFL did not need the Orioles to do a single damn thing. All they had to do to move the game to Wednesday. The same thing they did last year. The Rosh Hahsana excuse is crap. They have played on that holiday many times, including entire slates of games.
    Aside from the execrable spelling, & a personal preference for "smokescreen" rather than "crap"-- :word.

There is exactly one reason the NFL would not play the game on Wednesday: TV ratings, i.e., MONEY. (The same reason behind 95% of the problems with this clusterfuck of a contemporary society, IMHO--but I digress.) Greedell & his moneygrubbing minions strike again.